How do you keep your Designer Shoes in good shape?

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
I do not have a huge collection, but I do appreciate top-brand shoes. I have Manolos, Choos, a couple of pairs of Prada. I also have some more reasonable shoes like Nine West and Bandolino. Even some Pay Less!

My less expensive shoes wear like iron- but the designer brands need new heels at least once a year, and the same with the toe caps. The soles on these shoes are so thin, they run down in no time. They are just too delicate!
Do you bother with repairs, or do you just replace the shoes?

momo43

O.G.
Mar 20, 2007
i put the rubber soles on my more pricy pairs. that helps prevent the soles from wearing too much. i usually have to replace the heels on my shows very frequently as i'm hard on my heels. i only do this to my favorite pairs that i use the most frequent. otherwise, there's just too many new cute shoes to pick from.

snowbrdgrl

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
Me too! I put rubber soles on all my shoes before I wear them. After I wear a pair of shoes, I'll wipe off any dirt with a soft cloth and let air dry for a day before putting back in the box. Once in a while I'll buff them with leather conditioner to keep them looking new!

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
USA
I just replace shoes. I actually have a really light step though so I haven't really had too many issues with shoes at all. I don't collect shoes like some people on here. I don't baby my shoes but I think I take pretty good care of them.

Oh and I do tend to wipe dirt out after I wear them and such like that. I really am not hard on my shoes though. I have one pair that I've had for over a year that literally look brand new and I've done nothing to them. I wear them quite a bit.

rbaby

Insufficient Funds
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Asking for a credit increase
A great cobbler is a girl's best friend! I put rubber soles on ALL of my high end shoes, and I usually have the tips repaired at least once or twice a season (which includes a free all over shine and buff out).