how do you keep your charms from chipping

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm new to collecting charms i was in LA on vacation bought a few that where on sale wore them for 1 day and 2 chipped 1 was the pink bust the other the polar bear his little black nose chipped off :sad: but i was able to exchange them once i got back home what i wanna know is how can i stop this from happening again i wont wear them on the braclet again I'm going to get the starter necklace and hopefully they wont knock each other as much
    heres my collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I wear mine on the charm catcher, or on a chain one at a time, and I've never had any chipping of the paint, so you might try that. On the charm catcher I can put about 3-5 charms and they don't seem to hit each other enough to cause any damage. Also on the bracelet, maybe just wear one charm at a time? Or space them out so they can't hit each other?

I believe the pink bust is prone to chipping, I haven't heard anything re: the panda. Another thing to watch for is the tiny crystals falling out, I have lost a couple of those, but it's not very noticeable.

Cute collection of charms!