How do you keep mineral make up from looking too dry

luvprada

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
Use moisturizer and primer. It still settles into pores and makes them look bigger. Also the look is dry. I do put in on lightly. Any suggestions?

missliu

Oct 19, 2008
Candyland, S. Cali
You can spray some water on your face and lightly pat dry with tissue paper. This will help you set you makeup. If that doesn't work then maybe you need a different moisturizer.

frostedcouture

-love life-
Apr 30, 2008
Tweeting on my iPhone
I moisturize really well before I put on my makeup and the standard thing I use is everyday minerals. I've experimented and MAC fix plus helps a lot moisturizing and keeping the look dewy. It's a little expensive for just water and glycerin, which is basically all that it is. So you can make it yourself and put it in a spray bottle. There are tutorials out on the web including youtube

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I'm curious about this too - I bought DiorSkin Nude foundation and it is sooo dry when I apply it and it looks seriously matte. I'm trying to prime with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm before applying, across my cheek bones and browline - it's working ok, but is still really dry. I might try the water spray suggestion as well.

Nov 30, 2008
Under a Palm Tree
First, it greatly depends on what brand you use. Some minerals are much more drying than others. There was a comparison chart I found online once comparing the different mineral lines based on dryness, staying power, coverage, etc. but I dont remember what it is now. If you really want it, try a google search for mineral makeup comparisons.

I personally use BE and never have a problem with it looking dry. Make sure you buff really well as the makeup has to meld into your skin, not sit on top. I agree with the others also about making sure you moisturize really well (try a different moisturizer also if yours isnt moisturizing enough). I also spritz my face when I'm done,but I like that dewy look, so I spritz for that and for staying power rather than to get rid of a dry look. I was using Evian refreshing spray, but now I'm just using a hydrosol.

Sep 30, 2008
Boulder, Colorado
I use the BE mineral foundation. I use moisturizer and primer, and then I use the concealer brush to put it under my eyes, around my nose and any other spots i need to cover. Then I use the big face brush to just blend it around. I think it can look dry when you put too much on your entire face.

rin

Sep 26, 2006
New York, NY
If it settles into your pores then it's not the right foundation for you. I have tried different types of mineral powders, some settled into my pores, some didn't. You just gotta find the one that goes with your skin. :smile:

dreamybooboo

Apr 9, 2008
New York City
Use Mac Fix+ after you finish your makeup or foundation. It help sets the foundation by not looking cakey or dry. Just use the Fix+ when your foundation needs some moisture.

Mommyx2

O.G.
Apr 16, 2009
I usually moisturize first and then wait a couple minutes for it to sink in before using MAC prep + prime (BE primer doesn't work on me.). I then do the usual swirl, tap, buff routine with my foundation and blush. After I'm done applying the rest of my makeup (e/s, l/g, eyebrow powder, etc.) I spritz my face with Cinema Secret's version of MAC's fix+. It's a heck of a lot cheaper and you get the same results. Your face will look so fresh and dewy! Here's a link if you're interested. ;)

http://www.getyourbeauty.com/cinema-secrets-moisture-spray-p-1894.html

Nov 30, 2008
Under a Palm Tree
I had this same problem with the new matte BE formula, I coudlnt wear it, Made me look 5 years older and dry as can be.
I hadn't tried the BE matte, but I can see how it would make skin look drier. I just never understood the matte look anyway. Natural skin is not matte...everyone has a bit of natural luminescence to their skin and usually when I see women with matte makeup on, you can really tell they are made-up, rather than natural that BE is supposed to look.