how do you just walk away from an argument?

I'm so sorry kallison. I am a Christian and am shocked by her comments and attitude towards you. Even if she believes what she is saying, she sounds like she needs to learn what Christs example was to us. Because she sure ain't representin....

big big hug.

i'm sure she knows how upset she's making me. heck, she HAS to know. and what sucks is that everyone else is agreeing with her...i feel like everyone is ganging up on me.

so maybe i'll say my last comment and be done. maybe. i mean, sheesh, why is it so darn hard and why do i care so much?!

you need to walk away from her and just tell her that you don't remember reading anything in the Bible where Jesus and the disciples ganged up on anyone or tried to sell them the gospel like it was an Amway product.

Rhetorical question: Why would it matter so much if God loves you or not? It's not a question you are ever going to get an answer to, just people's opinions on whether God does or does not. And it's just a person's opinion, yours or hers. Parts of the Bible say God punishes sinners, and other parts say that God forgives them. It's just a matter of which part of the Bible you (or she) chooses to believe. The Bible was written by different people, not a single person, so each of these people had their own opinion about God and the part He played in their lives.

There are people in this world who thrive on drama and arguments. If you do not react, they will often escalate and continue to push and provoke you to try to create more drama in order to draw you out. Don't bite, no response is probably the most effective thing you can do.

i think you have got to do the hard thing and just let it end where it is. i have learned the hard way that people see things differently. it is best to try to put it out of your mind and not engage in these types of discussions with others who have strong differing opinions unless you can take the heat. i am sorry that you are so worked up but these people are nothing to you so i think this time it is not worth the heartache to try to win. if you enjoy the board just go on to a different topic and ignore what has happened. silence is golden in this situation, i think. jmho. good luck.

hi kallison, I agree with the other ladies, you should not respond anymore! Silence is the key! You know what you believe in, and that is it! She will get the point soon, hopefully!

YOU should love yourself first of all...you are the most important person to you, and YOU should take care of yourself, and respect yourself. Whether anyone else (including God) loves you or not then becomes immaterial.
well...yes...in theory.

regardless, everyone wants to be loved to some extent. isn't that somewhere in maslow's hierarchy of needs?

and while i'm working on the loving me part (i'm far from it)...i need assurance from others that i'm even worthy of love in the first place, like it's even worth trying myself.

you need to walk away from her and just tell her that you don't remember reading anything in the Bible where Jesus and the disciples ganged up on anyone or tried to sell them the gospel like it was an Amway product.
then of course, her reaction would be "you don't know the first thing about the bible because of xyz..."