How do you handle an item not described?

Wow - what a nerve!!:wtf:

If she'd cleaned it up then sold it at that price, it might be acceptable...but to know that the bag has been scuffed back to the bare leather - well, that's unforgiveable, IMO.:confused1:

Please do send her a big fat juicy neg - plus, if i were you, i would message her and mention you've seen the original listing and ask for the bag at that price.
Then file a SNAD with paypal.

You could offer her $300 and she'd still be quids in, allowing for her fees too!;)

Best of luck x

I can still see the description but I would agree the bag was definitely misrepresented and I can tell you that it cannot be cleaned...I have yet to find a successful method for cleaning vernis that has color transfer like that...

If she'd cleaned it up then sold it at that price, it might be acceptable...

ITA. :yes:

Because then, she would have been providing a major service (considering the awful condition it's in) and so, would be due the profit.

Or even if she'd just managed to, somehow, snag a bag for a steal and then flip it with an accurate description and photos, that would be fine, too. :yes:

But to buy a very accurately described bag (from what looks like an excellent seller, I might add!) and then try to, intentionally, lie and hide all the flaws...

Bad, bad, seller! :nogood:

As an update, the seller finally responded and offered a full refund. She had the gall to email me saying if I had contacted her, she would have taken care of it because she wants to make her customers "happy." I responded that I did contact her and pointed out that I escalated it to a claim after someone found the prior ebay auction and I compared the way they described it to her description. Of course, she hasn't responded.

Paypal has asked me to send the bag back and I am going to ship it Fedex with signature required tomorrow.

I am but am waiting to get the refund first and for my own auctions to end in a couple days cause I know she is going to hit me with a negative. I think that is one of the biggest problems with ebay-- you get scammed and yet you are afraid to leave feedback because it will tarnish your feedback.

^^^^ I have 2 ebay accounts, a buyer and a seller

open up another account that you use strictly for buying. Then you can give an honest opinion of your transaction and not really worry about your selling account. All you need is a different email addy.