How do you guys feel about upgrading your engagement ring?

Would you trade in your original engagement ring for a larger stone?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 66 63.5%
  • No, I'm too attached

Votes: 38 36.5%

• Total voters
I would love to hear what OP decided to do!

Lots of great advice in this thread. I have never owned a Tiffany engagement ring but have “upgraded” a handful of times in the last 6 years. My original ring was a 2 carat oval, G VS1, with trillion cut side stones. In the last couple of years, I’ve discovered a love for antique stones for their rarity and incredible cuts. I’ve since had 4 larger diamond rings, ranging from a 4.2 carat old euro to a 7.5 carat old mine. I sold 2, one is with my Mom, and one is with me. I did not lose much at all when selling these, basically the setting cost, because I have great dealers. My original engagement ring is still with me. I would have an extremely difficult time parting with it because of its sentimental value. My husband designed it and it is the only ring he purchased for me. It is tight after two babies so I only wear it occasionally. Once it fits again I will wear it more often.

I want to ask, is there enough of a noticeable difference between a 1.3 and 2 carat stone that you’ll be happy with the 2 carat for a long while? Is your goal forever with the 2 carat or just a handful of years until you upgrade again? If it were me, I might wait until I had the funds for a larger upgrade so there is a more noticeable difference between the center stones, and then keep both.
Did you keep the 7.5 ct? Sounds incredible

Reactions: Hermes Zen