How do you guys feel about Lady Gres?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
When I was checking out the Lady Gres at Saks last week, Peter Tay implied they were such a classic staple of any shoe collection, and he was surprised that I didn't own any. I actually hadn't even really considered them up til then. Do you guys agree? I don't think I've seen much talk on them, so just throwing it out there to see what you guys think! :P

I also love them in satin!

But the price....yikes! If they're cheaper and more easily available, I'll consider adding them to my collection BUT I don't consider them a must have.

I'll but them if NM would send me a much desired gift card. After all my years of patronage, I didn't even get a token gift card from the recent promotion. :crybaby:

I didn't pay much attention to them until I recently decided I wanted a pair. I don't think I'd pay full retail for them, but I just scored a NIB suede pair on ebay for about $450 :nuts:

I was turned off by the price last year and even more so with the price increase this year. However, I have come to love this shoe, especially in satin and suede. So if I can score a deal on them I'm going for it.

I like the Lady Gres but in the leather version. It looks just like VP with a knot in front, so I guess it shld be as comfortable as the VP

I love them in suede and leather. Did anyone see "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" lastnight? J. Mendel gave a pair of the satin Lady Gres to the lady they were making over, along with one of his gorgeous dresses!