How do you guys decorate your bags? (pics please)

Mar 19, 2008
Hi everyone, I have a black leather slim carly I use for work that is starting to look a little plain to me. I would like to add some flair but I have no idea where to start on how to decorate my bag. Can you guys post some examples of how you decorate your work bags? I don't want to overdo it to make it look tacky or kiddie. I was thinking a blue coach ponytail scarf but I have seen some bags in previous post with really cute charms like that really cute brass script coach heart. So lost....please help:hrmm:

I would reccomend a scarf or charm..Just tie the scarf in a cute bow or attach the charm...or both! It's not hard and you're purse will look so cute.

This is my hamptons weekend bag all dressed up for spring/summer but I don't work anywhere formal. I think the charms I currently have on this bag wouldn't be appropriate for a formal office or something. But, here it is as a start anyways!

Also attached are pics of some charms I have on bags currently...

an ombre star on a pink sig bag
the gold koi fish on a white and gold duffle
silver side of the sun and moon charms on my mist mini sig buckle hobo

For work, I think a scarf would be the most traditional and Coach makes so many beautiful ones! One charm might be okay too so that you have a little fun but it isn't gaudy! Good luck :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 2,893
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,757
Woops last two pics were too big and didn't upload and I didn't realize... here they are!

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,723
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,676
On my bigger bags I like to use a scarf and a charm. On my smaller bags I like to use two charms but cascading at different lengths. I will take some pics and post later.

I just use charms, no scarves or anything.

Bleecker with monkey charm
fullbleecker-1.jpg

Snake satchel with golden koi charm
snakesatcheldreesedup-1.jpg

Here are my chocolate and chili Carly all dressed up. I usually do a ponytail scarf and a charm - I like the way it looks, especially on the leather bags as they are usually not too busy-looking.

Attachments

• carly raisin 001.jpg
    carly raisin 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,755
  • choc carly sig scarf 003.jpg
    choc carly sig scarf 003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2,753
Here are my chocolate and chili Carly all dressed up. I usually do a ponytail scarf and a charm - I like the way it looks, especially on the leather bags as they are usually not too busy-looking.

:yahoo:Your carlys are soo cute....the scarves go so prefectly....I am going to hit the mall and outlets this weekend to find the perfect accessory...thanks everyone for your ideas....I also love that koi keyfob...I am scouring ebay now to see if I can score one......:graucho:

:yahoo:Your carlys are soo cute....the scarves go so prefectly....I am going to hit the mall and outlets this weekend to find the perfect accessory...thanks everyone for your ideas....I also love that koi keyfob...I am scouring ebay now to see if I can score one......:graucho:

That's where I got mine too. They are sometimes a little $$ but its just such a nice keyring!! Good luck!

Here are some pics of how I have decorated my bags. As you can see, I am a big fan of flower charms! I have added a lot to my collection since I have taken these pictures, but I think if you want to avoid over-doing it, maybe just do a scarf or a charm instead of both. I personally think that scarves are usually more grown-up looking compared to some of the charms. If it is a black bag, maybe do a black and white scarf. It will dress up the bag without making it look really obnoxious (especially on a signature bag vs. a leather bag), KWIM?

Attachments

• P2090738.JPG
    P2090738.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,742
  • P3170767.JPG
    P3170767.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,688
  • P2030726.JPG
    P2030726.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 2,682
I really love the look of the ponytail scarf, not too thick and bouffant, so you can still toss a charm on. Its really grown on me, I think I might have to succumb to one! :heart:

Here's my Legacy Ali slim flap with the Heritage disc charm and a blue Coach scarf.
I usually use multiple charms. I have since added a flower charm to the discs.

Attachments

• Carrying today 040808.JPG
    Carrying today 040808.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,733