How do you gorgeous goddesses store makeup brushes?

8BBC5B8D-8A01-440E-849B-51101C932C0C.jpeg

My older house is a dust magnet for anything left out in the open. I’ve been using this plastic 3-drawer container for my brushes, fo keep them clean, and I like storing them flat. It’s not the prettiest, but keeps my brushes clean. I have my eye brushes in one drawer, face brushes in another, and brushes I only use once in awhile in the third. Brushes fit perfectly. Less than $5 at Walmart. (Photo is Walmart’s.)

25A0001D-FCC0-460B-9302-2D6FC5A04A20.jpeg

I just ordered this one from Amazon. There are a few different brands, but they all look pretty much the same. Hoping this might work for my most used brushes, and keep the dust off.

View attachment 4014542

I just ordered this one from Amazon. There are a few different brands, but they all look pretty much the same. Hoping this might work for my most used brushes, and keep the dust off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y612JQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It arrived today, I have 20 of my most used brushes in it, and there is room for more. If anyone is interested, the actual size is 5 x 5 x 9 1/2. There are a number of different sellers on Amazon, and it appears none of them show the correct size.

My most frequently used ones are stored on my bathroom counter in a glass vase, which is on a tray with some perfumes. The ones I use less frequently are in a brush case in the cupboard.

img_1348.jpg

I use MAC's brush canisters.

Reactions: JLO1
How do you gals (and guys) store your makeup brushes? I bought a brush roll with about 20 slots and I think its great but sometimes I just get lazy and put some of them in a cup/cylinder (like how you just put pens/pencils in a cup)--is this not a good way to store them? I think I read that brushes shouldn't be stored exposed to air since they'll collect bacteria?

I just want to make sure I keep my brushes as clean and as new looking as possible so please share your storage tips and do's/don'ts :heart:
I usually use a brush roll, but when I'm lazy I put some brushes in a cup. Also to keep them clean consider brush guards, and don't forget to clean them regularly to avoid bacteria buildup:smile: