How do you get your men to be so Coach-friendly?

He's obvoisly not afraid of you enough. Who was the comedian who said "you can either be right or you can be happy"? I support my own habits.. I'm one who feels that if I have to tell him what to get, i'd rather buy it myself.

U r so smart and sneaky...break him in now with the help of tpfers! If u read stacees thread, then u read my post. I was just talking with another tpfer that my post included the only non coach supporting 'boy'(husband). Are the tpfers drugging their coffee??!! Or...???!!! Nudge nudge, wink wink. Bless all those lovely coach supporting men!
All kidding aside, good luck!!!!!! And keep us posted how the training goes:smile:

LOL it's so true! I didn't realize that Coach supporting men were the norm until I came here to tPF. I've always thought that men would never understand why women can never have enough bags or shoes. Women are from Venus and men are Mars....and I just left it at that lol. But from the looks of it, it seems as if our men, who are less-than-thrilled about Coach, are the minority here :shrugs:

I really should give my man more credit though....he has waited with me in a 3+ hour lineup on Boxing Day (to get into Coach) and he patiently waits for however long it takes for me (sometimes over an hour) to decide on a bag everytime he takes me to Coach to pick out a present. So, I guess I don't have it that bad...maybe I'm just being greedy in wanting him to stop questioning why I need to have so many bags :P

I think I've gotten my DH to accept Coach by never requiring him to go to the outlet with me (honestly, we're both happier if I go by myself), funding my Coach obsession on my own, and prancing around the house with every new bag I get (which he finds quite amusing!). I also try to store them creatively, so he never feels they're closing in on him (this would be tricky if we had fewer closets!).

I kind of get where you are coming from. My fiance was on a 8 month, yes 8 MONTH, Coach ban after we were treated horribly at a local outlet. It took some work, but he is back to being understanding about my obsession. He doesnt think its a huge deal because I am not one to spend a ton on clothes or jewerly and I am very good at alternating my bags! Does you man have anything that he collects or is obsessed with? If not just say 'its a girl thing' :P

Purses : me
Hats : him

(^ simple example. We both have other obsessions. :biggrin:)

He's crazy about hats so he totally understands the hype, anticipation, collection, jonesing, NEED for a new item. Especially when new color combos come out.

After seeing and feeling good quality leather, he understands why I buy what I buy. Same with him - his favorite hat (baseball cap) brand is New Era and he pretty much won't let any other brand grace his head. I can see and feel the difference with his hats too.

I don't have a husband but I do have a son that comes with me. He has learned to bring something with him (usually his iTouch) and find a chair. As a matter of fact he knows where every chair is located at the outlet and he just sits there until I'm finished.

Well... my dad thinks my mom and I are out of our minds but if it's our own money, he doesn't care if we buy bags... he just reminds us what a waste of money it is. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy about bags, so I never tell him when I make my purchases lol. It's my "collection" I like to say... normal people like collecting stamps or coins, I like collection bags!!!

DH doesn't buy me any Coach since I use my own money for it. The only potential problem is lack of closet space! He isn't exactly supportive of my purse habit, but doesn't try to guilt me into giving any up either!

My husband has interests...he collects vintage Jaguar vehicles, has a love of motorcycles and owns a couple, he owns a dune buggy... basically anything on wheels with an engine, he's in!

I can openly and honestly admit that I have next to no interest in these things independent of him...but when I see the joy he experiences acquiring a new car, motorcycle, whatever...well, it makes me happy and I get excited for him. I strive to give him that feeling in return.

So, whenever I find a great purse--or want something new for me--I remind him how happy I am when he finds something, and I also point out how (in perspective) my hobby is cheap!

I've included him in the decisions...dragged him on the outings...put him to work on the hunt...and whenever I "over do it" I encourage him to get something new for his collection--which he never turns down.

Last summer my husband bought me a pink scooter, I loved it! So this past winter I bought him his first Coach purchases...a laptop sleeve and messenger bag.

I think it's about drawing the other person and making them feel included. Overtime he's become excited for me--and now he encourages me. It wasn't instantaneous, but it can happen.

My husband is the one who forks over the cash for my habit. He buys them for me because it makes me happy. It can't hurt that I pay him back with a little something extra later on that evening.:graucho:
The thing is that he works from home and I am at home too, so he is always (and I mean like 1-3 times a day always) getting some. He would get the extras without buying me bags. I think he knows how coach make me happy and that is enough for him.

My hubby loves his race/drag cars/trucks sooooooooooo he buys expensive race parts, I buy bags and shoes!! He is happy with that.... most of my coach bags and shoes were bought by him as gifts....yea he LOVES me.

He's obvoisly not afraid of you enough. Who was the comedian who said "you can either be right or you can be happy"? I support my own habits.. I'm one who feels that if I have to tell him what to get, i'd rather buy it myself.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand this? :confused1: You think that he questions my obsession with bags because he's not afraid of me? Can you please elaborate on that? And I certainly do buy what I want on my own....I don't rely on him to purchase every bag that I'm lusting after. It just so happens that he'll usually ask me what I want as a gift (for a special ocassion) and a lot of times, it has been Coach (unless there was something else that I wanted at the time).