How do you get rid of bags?

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
Like many of you, I suspect, I have about twenty times more bags than I could carry in a lifetime.

Some of you speak of "getting rid of" bags. What is this "getting rid of"?

I have considered giving away a few of my MFF bags (but some of them are really pretty, all leather). . . and I have thought of Goodwill.

I actually piled all of my bags on the guest room bed and it's swamped. Covered. I didn't even count. My guess is 70, but it's just a guess.

Some are FP purchase, some are outlet purchases, some are ebay purchases. Combination of nearly new, slightly worn and NWT. So. . . let's say I could pare my choices down. Mostly nearly new and NWT.

What do you do with this madness?

At my Goodwill whenever a Coach bag is donated they put it in the auction case so people can bid on it rather than putting it out the rest of the bags for $4.50. I always check to see if they missed one because I once found a $300 LV bag in the $4.50 rack!

Like many of you, I suspect, I have about twenty times more bags than I could carry in a lifetime.

I have considered giving away a few of my MFF bags (but some of them are really pretty, all leather). . . and I have thought of Goodwill.

I actually piled all of my bags on the guest room bed and it's swamped. Covered. I didn't even count. My guess is 70, but it's just a guess.

Some are FP purchase, some are outlet purchases, some are ebay purchases. Combination of nearly new, slightly worn and NWT. So. . . let's say I could pare my choices down. Mostly nearly new and NWT.

What do you do with this madness?

that is a great question! I bought a bag off of ebay, and decided I really don't care for the style. We have kijiji here, but I was thinking of listing it on ebay as I have only ever seen 2 other Coach purses in town. One was owned by my Daughter, and one by my son's gf! I have only recently heard of bonanazle. I would try them, or ebay for sure. Let us know what you decide to do.

it would be really nice, if you could see if your county or city has a shelter that helps women get back on their feet..and donate your bags so they can use it when interviewing for jobs and what not

otherwise i always give my old stuff to goodwill/salvation army.

besides selling in garage sales/ebay/what not

Well, I just have soo many. Coach has alot of sales.

I think I should start by electing like 30 bags to keep and then choose what to do with the rest.

Ideally, I would get on the "one in, one out" train. HA!

When I say "getting rid of", I mean selling or giving away.

You aren't supposed to really talk about selling on the forum, so I use that as a way to explain what I am doing with my bags, without raising an eyebrow from the mods. I am not dodging the subject, just kinda "blanketing" it to keep my butt out of trouble, LOL! I would be so absolutely devastated if I ever got banned.

Like you, I have a TON of bags...some I can never part with, and some I can.
Most of my MFF go to my MIL whenever I get tired of them. I keep them in great shape, for the most part, and she LOVES them. And it makes her feel special, because she cannot afford Coach. She is the only one in my or my DH's families to be "worthy" of a Coach, IMHO. My butterfly "carly" bag, used once...is going to get wrapped up and given to her as one of her Christmas gifts, along with some perfume, and an emerald cross necklace. I spoil that woman rotten, because my mother is no longer among us (going on 9 years now). And she is the sweetest woman I have ever met in my life. :biggrin:

But yes...I am new to selling(and the only reason I am doing it is to get different bags)...I frown upon ebay fees....and dislike paypal fees...but I love Bonz. It's more personal on there, LOL!

As for Goodwill...I could never give a bag to them. They had a fake in their case, but a real one on the rack for $8. Yeah....no.

I have three sisters and sisters-in-law that I will be seeing at Thanksgiving. I am bringing some of the bags I haven't thought of or used in years and let them pick thru them. Not all of them are Coach but I kind of want them to go to someone I know and will appreciate them. If I end up with leftovers I will probably drop them off at goodwill.

blackdress65 I LOVE your avatar What bag is that?

I won't give bags to goodwill. I know people who can't even afford an outlet bag and they would appreciate one. I have several that are in great condition, since I change my bags out SO OFTEN!

I think I'll start by giving a bag away tomorrow to one of my employees (discreetly) and see how it makes me feel. . . but if I haven't used it in two years I'm probably not going to use it, right?

It's so hard to say good bye.

LOL love that line! :biggrin:

I like ms-whitney's suggestion to donate no-longer-wanted bags (perhaps those that you don't want to gift to friends/family/acquaintances) to a charity that provides career wear for women.

Such a great question! I've been wondering this too.

Ideally, I would get on the "one in, one out" train. HA!

LOL, I rode that train for a couple months, but then I fell off and can't seem to catch up to it! I had several NWT bags and accessories from the outlet that I had for awhile and hadn't used, so I returned them and got new bags. That felt really good to not add to the madness that you speak of.

Now I have a few bags, about 5, that I'm not using and plan to sell on eBay or Bonz. But they've been sitting there for a few weeks now and I just can't get up the gumption to do it. Don't know why.

I'm just starting with the bags I know I don't really care about any more, and I'm starting small. It would be too much for me to get rid of a big chunk of my collection at one time. My goal is to pare it down and get rid of some, then stick to the "one in, one out" rule. Easy to say, so hard to do.