How do you get over the fact that you can buy a purse for price of a wallet?

I thought wallets were too expensive (well they are) but after I got my first one, suddenly it became OK to get more... :rolleyes: It's like after you buy your first LV bag, your definition of "expensive" totally changes!

The very first LV item I bought was an Epi wallet. I was tired of buying cheap wallets that would fall apart in no time. It was expensive but it looks almost new and I've used it for over 5 years ( I only have one wallet).

How do I get over the fact that you can buy a purse for the price of a wallet? Well... all the purses I have ever bought from LV has been more expensive then the wallets I have. :lol:

Although I do remember the first time I bought a wallet I thought if I add several hundred more dollars I can get a purse...

i think the same, because i recently bought my mum a sarah wallet, and i know that that price can get a speedy in mono or damier. but it is a wallet she needed and i splurged, and now i look at it, it becomes more and more worth it. the detailing is excellent and it is just so beautiful. extremely well made, i mean, compared to a speedy and how its make, the wallet is more compact and harder to make.

it is worth it :smile: and i am planning my own wallet already. i know i can add a BAG, but when you use the wallet to pay for things, even if u carry a who knows what bag, it is still lvoe when u see it ^^

I took the plunge a few years ago and got a zippy wallet. I got tired of buying new wallets every other year and wanted one good one that would last a long time. Initially, I had a hard time justifying the purchase, but now I am so happy I bought it. It still looks new and keeps me organized. When this one wears out, I will definitely purchase another lv wallet.

OMG I feel the same wayyy!!!i dont have a wallet yet bec i alwayse go for a purse!!i do definitly plan on getting a wallet though for sure in definitly brown mono NOT WHITE ..i absolutly adore white but i just know it wouldnt last ... HOT TOPIC!!

I have the sarah vernis wallet in violette, and I still pet it =)

I couldn't stand putting a non-designer in my purse so I sucked it up and said, "what the hell" and made for damn sure I was really in love with it! Not some infatuation or a little crush, like deep, deep love! haha

After reading this thread I'm saddened to see that some of the responses mentioned things showing concern with spending $$$ on things that are shown "on the outside" like bags, and with "getting attention" from others. So something like a wallet that sits within your bag, wouldnt matter as much because people wont see it?

I buy designer things because I love them and they make me happy!! Not because people will see them and think I'm cool or be jealous.

i totally agree with christine4979.. i buy lv stuff because of the design and not as a status symbol..

I have an LV wallet and fendi wallet that are both over 10 years old. I alternate and they still look great. I think one quality wallet will last you. It doesn't have to be LV.

I can't. But that's only because I'm attached to my one Lodis Black Audrey long wallet! It was a gift from my hubby and I love it so much I can't think of using another, smooth leather and perfect...oh, and have my heart set on a speedy soooo...wallet $ would go to that bag!