How do you feel when your friends do this? *LONG POST*..SORRY

Maybe it's my age or because of what I do for a living; I think it's being a bit childish to act like this over a purse. It is a PURSE. A nice one, a hot one, but still, it's a purse. If you get this upset over a material item, I wonder what would happen if something serious were to occur? JMHO.

Thanks ladies!!!!

purselover_1988 & kimalee: she got the pm, so yeah.. i might just get the gm
phanness: lolx.. you're funnny. i know who to go to when i get bullied~:P
savvygirl: i have someone that does that too :cursing: it bugs the crap out of me... and she is not a friend.. an almost relative.. take a guess, don't want my SO to see this and freak out.. so.. go figure who it could be:P I have my phases of different designers, and she follows soon after. I had my juicy phase about 2 years ago, with the sweat suits and everything, well, i stll love them, but not as obsessed, 2 months later, she was all of a sudden into that. and when i decided that i no longer have interest, some how, not long after same thing happened to her, then i had my chanel phase, same thing happened... UGH!!!!!!!!!:yucky:

Amen to that!

This said, the way I understood it, your friend DID express her want to put her name on the waiting list (she did say to you that she wanted the same bag for herself as well...)
Which means she wasn't sneaky... So I should give her some credit for being upfront and honest about it.

I know that this situation is unpleasant to say the least. But people are people, if they see something beautiful they would want it for themselves too!
So, yes, next time you want to get something special and unique, plz plz plz do not show it/share info about it before buying it. :nogood:

Don't be upset, there are plenty of gorgeous LVs out there and I'm sure you can rock anything you choose :yes:

:heart:
Me

she knew i would be mad, so she didn't tell me she put her name on the waitlist until the bag was READY TO BE SHIPPED CAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PICK IT UP! but thanks...

and
Nirodha: be nice, you are in a forum that handbags are NOT just handbags, if you are going to be rude and make such statements, then you don't really belong here. THERE ARE NICER WAYS TO SAY THINGS, like you PRE-edited post!

cjj: i don't understand, how AM I acting? i just want to vent, cause I am annoyed and aggrevated, I didn't call her out on anything. Just want to clarify. I do not care about materialistic things, I am a Sagittarius, I am all about PRINCIPALS, and people who don't have principals, are as bad as people with no morals. it may be a bith harsh what i said, but ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG! don't you get it? sorry if I seem rude, just want to clarify.

:okay:
she knew i would be mad, so she didn't tell me she put her name on the waitlist until the bag was READY TO BE SHIPPED CAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PICK IT UP! but thanks...

and
Nirodha: be nice, you are in a forum that handbags are NOT just handbags, if you are going to be rude and make such statements, then you don't really belong here. THERE ARE NICER WAYS TO SAY THINGS, like you PRE-edited post!

cjj: i don't understand, how AM I acting? i just want to vent, cause I am annoyed and aggrevated, I didn't call her out on anything. Just want to clarify. I do not care about materialistic things, I am a Sagittarius, I am all about PRINCIPALS, and people who don't have principals, are as bad as people with no morals. it may be a bith harsh what i said, but ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG! don't you get it? sorry if I seem rude, just want to clarify.

isn't it funny, how they were saying its immature, and they end up being the rudest of all? who cares..."I FEEL YOU"

I have been LUSTING the tivoli for MONTHS and MONTHs and waiting for the release. I don't like to buy until I see the bags irl.. i always end up not liking them and exchanging is such a pain... well anyways...

I showed EVERYONE (including my male manager, my male bartender, etc.)the tivoli for months before the release date when it first surfaced on tpf, because I wanted it soooo soooo bad.. it was love at first sight. I never got a chance to go to LV to see it, when I finally did it was all sold out. and a friend of mine then tells me. "oh.. guess what? that bag you've been showing me, the tivoli is it? i just ordered it over the phone and its being shipped out TODAY!!":wtf:. i was soooo aggrevated :cursing:, because WITHOUT ME, she woulda never HEARD of or even KNEW about the bag. and now i don't wanna buy the bag because she has it and i see her ALMOST EVERYDAY, and i don't want our other friends to think that i am copying her, while it was THE OTHER WAY AROUND..

I don't like to have the same bag as everyone I know, one of my girlfriends bought the violet balenciaga with GSH and I did not buy ANYTHING in that color, just so we won't clash bags. This person knows about this particular pet peeve i have, because she DID ask me to call my SA to put her on the waiting list but I didn't (but still went and called up herself), because I didn't even do it myself, and i don't want her to get MY bag.. the bag i have been lusting for, waiting and hoping to be released for all these months before me. So, now she has it, and is using it EVERYDAY. you may think i am just overly jealous, which I AM.. but.. still..

well.. she is not the first that has done something like that to me. there are also two other people I can think of off the top of my head that does similar things. i am sooooooooooooo aggrevated:boxing:. i have decied.. I WILL NEVER SHARE MY PRECIOUS INFO I GAIN FROM TPF TO ANYONE ELSE... they can come check it out THEMSELVES!!!!:cursing:
Get the bag anyway! You've wanted it for so long, you deserve to have it. Plus you'll rock it better than she will!!!:yahoo::tup:

It is frustrating when this happens...but it's usually by coincidence when it happens to me (I want something, but a friend buys it first and I decide to abandon the item rather than be labeled). I understand where you're coming from. That said...

I think people are telling you to chill b/c you seem to have so much anger in your posts. Also, you claim to be concerned with principles, yet you posted earlier that when your friend asked you to call your SA and put her on the waiting list you didn't do it. Did you tell her you weren't going to or did you just conveniently 'forget' to do it? The latter definitely shows a lack of principles.

I have to say that I've done this in the past, but not with material things (which I think are part of one's self-expression and I don't want to copy THAT). When my friends told me of their plans to go for a post-grad degree, I was like: yeah good for you. However, they kept shoving the idea down my throat and showing me the great schools they were applying to and how much it would help their careers. One minute they'd act like they want me to come with them b/c it's such a great thing, but the next they act like it's THEIR idea and other people shouldn't apply and hurt their chances of acceptance. Guess what? I decided to apply to the same schools, just for the heck of it. I know that they'll be sore if I get in and they don't, but it's not my fault that they decided to flaunt this great opportunity in my face.

If it's really that important that other people not have the same purses as you, then you should go with what you concluded in your original post - don't share TPF info with your friends.

I'm extremely annoyed when my friends copy me too. But they don't share the same interest in bags, so in this case...I actually would be thrilled if they bought a bag I liked, LOL :lol:

I don't think you should let it get to you. If I truly loved the bag, I would still get it regardless of who's carrying it! :yes:

I totally understand how can you feel that way. I would feel the same way too if my friend that I see everyday or hang out w/ all the time have the same exact bag. I don't like to have the same bag w/my friend.. I also hate it if they copy my style (although it is a sign of admiration). The way to prevent it is.. I don't share that much info about stuff that I am going to buy or want. since who knows.. they might get it before I do. So.. I just keep my obsession, and only share it with fellow TPF or my BF.. until I finally get the bag (I too recently got a Tivoli PM), and then .. show it to everyone how lovely my bag is.. =)=)... then later enjoy their envious eyes.. haha.. am I cruel or what ? I guess I'm just a 'lil competitive..
If I were you, I'd get the GM.. or wait a 'lil bit for other new releases in2008! Goodluck!!

I totally understand how can you feel that way. I would feel the same way too if my friend that I see everyday or hang out w/ all the time have the same exact bag. I don't like to have the same bag w/my friend.. I also hate it if they copy my style (although it is a sign of admiration). The way to prevent it is.. I don't share that much info about stuff that I am going to buy or want. since who knows.. they might get it before I do. So.. I just keep my obsession, and only share it with fellow TPF or my BF.. until I finally get the bag (I too recently got a Tivoli PM), and then .. show it to everyone how lovely my bag is.. =)=)... then later enjoy their envious eyes.. haha.. am I cruel or what ? I guess I'm just a 'lil competitive..
If I were you, I'd get the GM.. or wait a 'lil bit for other new releases in2008! Goodluck!!
^^Good advice. Take heed.

I had a friend who actually did copy alot of things I had. She was much younger (11 years to be exact) and had very giving parents. She had never even heard of LV till I told her about it. She would copy perfume, boots, jewely even my DOG!! lol
At first I was like what the :cursing:? But this started about 10 or more years ago. The truth is after so many incidents it really didn't bother me anymore I kind of got used to it. I don't see her too often anymore but took her to a concert this past fall and we went out for coffee afterwards. We talked bags and I told her I still wanted the White Speedy but couldn't afford it yet. But that I was still determined to get it and she mentioned that she was really into Fendi which I replied I wasn't a big fan of Fendi. Well, not even a week went by and she tells me she bought the White Speedy!! I thought holy :cursing:!! Here we go again...lol
Turns out I'm not going to get it after all but after so many years I guess it's still there...whatever IT is:shrugs:

I don't agree with the people who advocate not sharing information with friends.

That's not the spirit of the forum at all! There would be no purse forum if we all think that way. We are all here because we want to share.

By all means, if there is a beautiful thing out there, I would not be selfish and would gladly enable people to buy buy buy!

I don't get the logic at all. If you really want to be unique, go for an one-of-a-kind unique piece, not a mass market product like an LV bag which anyone can buy.

I don't mind share any info ect with TPFgirls.. but i don't want to have the exact same bags with my friends that I hang out all with the time.. it will be weird if we all walk together with same bags.. thats only my opinion.. =). but if u dont mind.. go for it!