How do you feel when ur bag have a first scratch?

Sydny2

O.G.
Dec 30, 2013
Today I carried my bag which is a month old and it scratched on hardware and the leather chipped as u can see on the picture. I'm like ohhhhh my...and I told me friend it's ok, the bag should be for using not for nursing, but I still keep looking at the scratch lolImageUploadedByPurseForum1398898374.613895.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that these beautiful bags are to be used and enjoyed but it's hard not to be upset when you get a scratch, especially on such a new bag! I was so careful with my DE Speedy B at first but after 6 months I found myself swinging it around a lot more carelessly and just yesterday I noticed a big scratch on one of the handles. :sad: Oh well...she's still beautiful!

I do get sad when the first scratch happens but I can't imagine not using my bags. I buy them to use not to sit on shelves so I guess that price they pay, a scratch here and there.

I got the Empreinte speedy 30 in noir & I have been extremely careful with it. I inspect it after every use & thankfully haven't scratched it. However, I think I would be devastated if I found a scratch.

Not going to lie that is does suck when it happens, but eventually you will move on. I spilled Chinese food all over the strap of my Palermo the WEEK I got it and surprisingly enough, I didn't freak out! I wiped it up as best I could and just had the mentality, that well, I broke it in and it's officially mine now, haha!

I try to ignore it but it bothers me and I keep looking at it. I think of selling but I realize the same thing will happen to another one. I eventually accept it and it doesn't bother me as much after a few more scratches & dings.

When I find a first scratch, I feel relief ~ since then I don't have to worry about my bag as it already has a scratch. I still baby it, but not so much as unscratched. However, it is also pain to find first scratch...