How do you feel when friends "copy" you..?

imitation is the best form of flattery...
Oh I know but it drives me crazy! I remember having an ex whose sister appeared in my exact outfit down to the very shoes :wtf: I think people should be individuals, I will steer away from buying anything that my friends have, there is plenty to choose from out there!

I try to keep it in mind that "imitation is the best form of flattery"...but I really cannot stand it. It's kind of petty/superficial, but I feel like if I "thought of it" (i.e. certain pair of shoes/bag/outfit) I should get "credit" for it! Is that a bad way to think? I have a friend who tends to "want" the same things that I have months after I get it, but the way she talks about it, it's like it's her idea...sigh...hope you guys haven't lost respect for me :confused1:

Take the high road and don't worry about it. Also, give some thought to what kind of friend you are being by feeling this way. Besides, I would argue that the designer "thought of it" and should get "credit" for it. Fashion should be fun, not a competition.

It is ok to an extent, but it can be annoying. I have a friend, who is originally from another country, and she wanted to really fit in. Every time I bought, or even mentioned a piece of clothing, make-up, perfume, etc., I would see her with it the next week. Eeeek! I learned that she is just very impressionable. She even picks up voice inflections and catchphrases of the people she hangs out with. The good news is that she transferred her imitating to another group of women she knows, but the bad news is that they are not the best influence in the world.

Not happening with me, but my mum! Her two friends copy her in soooo many ways, sometimes it is unbelievable. From house decorations to clothing, bag styles etc.... not exactly the same, just the same type of thing.

Sometimes it is a bit too much!

I can deal with having the same brand, don't like when we have the same exact bag in the same exact color. That annoys me.
I always tell friends to buy a different style this way we can always borrow/switch!!

I think it depends on the friend. If it's a good friend who copies, then I think it's cool because we have something to share, and we can talk about what good taste we have. Although if it's a not-so-good friend, then I find it annoying... Double standard, I know...

My bestfriend and I have the same tastes, so if one of us buy something that the other has, we don't get upset at all b/c the bottomline is we have the same taste. I can't expect her to not buy it just b/c I bought it first or said it first, and vice versa. It just so happens I stumbled upon it first. It's not a competition. If she likes it too and wants to get it, by all means. However trying to imitate or be someone you're not, that's a different story.

I bought a pair of Chanel Rhinestone earrings and my neighbor who lives a few streets over bought the same pair! She had the nerve to wear them to lunch at TGI Fridays with me!! :shrugs: ROFLMAO

My friends and I are all very different with very different tastes. I do have a younger cousin who copies me but I find that kind of flattering. She's a teenager so it stands to reason that when she's not copying me, she's copying her peers and all of them, her included, are copying whatever is in the front window at the generic mall chain stores. I like that she copies me because she respects that I have an individual style that is different from her peers. I fully believe that she is building off my style to develop her own individuality. She knows that she wants to be different and stand out from her peers who are all wearing the same thing but doesn't have the maturity and experience yet to know how to do that. She even did the goth thing for a week about five years ago ... then decided she wanted to be different just not in THAT way. She had friends who looked goth but it wasn't her. She wanted to be different but still feel like herself. It tough and I think this is where a lot of the copying of others' style comes from. For whatever reason, some people just aren't able to fully trust their own judgment and be confident in expressing who they are. You could offer to help your friend pick out stuff that's a better expression of who she is. That's what I do for my cousin.

On the other hand, because my friends and I are so different with such different senses of style, I would be flattered if they copied a few things off me but pretty weirded out if they started copying a lot from me. I would probably pull them aside and ask if something was wrong since it would just be way out of character for them to look like me.

I bought a pair of Chanel Rhinestone earrings and my neighbor who lives a few streets over bought the same pair! She had the nerve to wear them to lunch at TGI Fridays with me!! :shrugs: ROFLMAO

ROFLMAO..........................:wtf: .............GET OUT?? No way???
WOW..you must have some seriously stylin girlfriends.....Mine dont even know what Chanel is..LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!