How do you feel when friends "copy" you..?

I have a co-worker that does this. She loves everything I have. Not that I'm so fabulous. I'm just different and don't usually have the "trendy" things. I buy a lot of vintage, so she can't go out and get the exact same thing. She has bought the exact same perfume (Luctor et Emergo) and car (Solara) that I have. I'm flattered. :yes: I think it's cool when someone likes your style so much that they want to imitate it. It's not a contest. Besides, everyone knows who rocked it first! :P

Yes, but more in the way of clothes and shoes. My friends are not into bags as much as I am. It gets annoying when it's something I really love or am obsessed with. Overall I don't let it bother me though.

Yes same for me and it happens to be my best friend, and as it has been said before its really irritating and the problem is that I cannot tell her to stop. She the same purse same bag same earrings and the jeans! Just imagine last Saturday we went to do some shopping and she had the same jean and I was quite irritated

oh yes I agree of course its irritating esp. the more you think about it !

However try not to let it get to you because if this friend doesn't copy you - another might. And unless you are making your own clothes there is nothing much we can do about those copy"cats" other than feel proud we STARTED it and they followed !

yes, i do have a friend!!!
but the worst thing is she bought the fake ones! :crybaby:
at first i kinda pissed of, but now i don't mind. she's my friend, and a great friend, i respected her decision and kinda flattered too that she love my choices & style :P

Actually no what handbags are concerned, ( my friend are either more eccentric than me or more "down to earth) the only one who has started to sort of copy me is my mum. As funny as it sounds but I really don't mind she lives in a diffrent country than we do and every time she comes we go shopping together. She regularilly buys me a " little" treat, jewelry, clothes or a nice pair of sunglasses which I choose and then goes ahead and buys the same thing for her.

Yes, I have a friend who "sort of" does this. When I got a new Marc Jacobs bag this spring she asked me who the designer was and then she went and bought an MJ bag for herself (different than mine, but still!). Once when she noticed my LV Speedy she went out and bought a different LV.

Just this last Thursday she noticed I was carrying my LV Keepall as a gym bag and she commented on it. I bet she ran right out and bought a new LV.

It irritates me a little.

I have a friend who does this and acts like I'm the one copying her!!!!:cursing: I get soooooo pi***d off!! I swear I'll tell her what I bought over the phone & then meet up with her next and she has it!! ARGGHHH! Then she says, "oh, you have one too?" Like it is all a surprise & we didn't even talk....I do not tell her much anymore and never ever go shopping with her. I now let people figure out who's the copy cat. I think she does this with others as well, poor thing has no sense of herself.

In high school my best friend and I did this - but on purpose. We were the same size, so we shared clothes, shoes, etc. We went on to college together and did the same thing. It was FUN. Then I got married and left all that behind me. I did notice that when I got my first suburban, she sold her 4Runner and got one too. Now I've got my second one, and so did she. BUT, we don't really even keep in touch anymore. Her mom is an admin. at the school, so I think she keeps her up to date on everything. I could be wrong.......since we've always had similar styles, maybe she just loves her suburbans as much as I do. She just better not get an Escalade first though! LOL

I am single and childless and the majority of my friends are married with children. None of my friends can really afford to spend the money that I do. However, in my early twenties I had this friend who totally mimicked every little thing I did, she did not even bother to find her own boyfriends, she just picked through my cast offs!

LOL!

i had this experience too!!!!:roflmfao: