Tory Burch How do you feel about Tory Burch?

LuxMommy

Jan 26, 2013
Hi all! I need/want a bag that can be worn for dinners and drinks and I want one with a chain. My LV options are the Pochette Caissa in RB, but I don't really want to spend that much on a DE bag that and the other option is the St. Germaine PM, but I already have 3 Empreinte bags and, again, not keen on spending so much on something I could not use on a daily basis. I found the perfect bag from Tory Burch, but I have never bought anything from this lable and I have only had LV bags for almost 20 years, so very hesitant to take the plunge. It is perfect, however, and one third of the price of the Caissa...

Hi all! I need/want a bag that can be worn for dinners and drinks and I want one with a chain. My LV options are the Pochette Caissa in RB, but I don't really want to spend that much on a DE bag that and the other option is the St. Germaine PM, but I already have 3 Empreinte bags and, again, not keen on spending so much on something I could not use on a daily basis. I found the perfect bag from Tory Burch, but I have never bought anything from this lable and I have only had LV bags for almost 20 years, so very hesitant to take the plunge. It is perfect, however, and one third of the price of the Caissa...
Hi I don't have any TB bags, but if it's something you like and you would get use out of it, I'd say go for it! :smile:

Reactions: LuxMommy
I don't think there's anything wrong with Tory Burch bags. If you think you'd use it then go for it. I just find that I don't reach for my contemporary designer bags when I have premier designer bags in my collection. Good luck with your decision!

Personally I love some of the bags from Tory Burch. I have the perry tote and I like it so much, I am thinking of buying another color. I think sometimes we can get wrapped up in a brand and not want to go for lower priced brands, but its so important to buy what works for you....especially if you can save a little money that can be used for more bags and accessories :smile:

I have a lot of TB bags and I use them all the time. I've never been attracted to the LV bags, they just don't do anything for me. I have some Rebecca Minkoff's and a couple of Coach bags, I also have a couple of Balenciaga's that I just had to have and to be honest they never see the light of day. I like that the TB are affordable and I can switch them out to suit my mood. I have never had any issues with quality, but I have a few and I do clean and condition them often.

It depends on what you want exactly --- if the style really works for you, and it is not a 'replacement' bag, then you should go for it as their quality is good. But if what you want is actually the LV, don't settle for less.

I have one TB bag that I really love because I love the style and keep getting a lot of use amongst my other collection (am a BV fan, but has decent collection from other premium brand like LV too). This, in comparison to another bag I buy a contemporary brand, when I actually want a BV tote. Ended up not using that bag a lot because what I want is different.

Reactions: LuxMommy
If the TB is a suitable alternative based on your needs and uses for the bag, it makes sense. Especially since you said it will be more of an occasional bag as opposed to a daily one. I personally have had a few quality issues but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will, it's just been my experience with the brand. I would however think it over as 9 out of 10 times when people try to seek a cheaper alternative, the original item is still on their mind. Just my two cents, but hopefully it helps you make a decision, let us know what you decide to do[emoji5]

Reactions: Namwan-