How do you feel about Luxury Resale?

kimmie82

Aug 2, 2009
Would you wear a purse that someone else has owned? There are new resale sites popping up everywhere, do you shop on Ebay? x.com started a new classifieds for Vintage and Luxury Resale...would you buy a bag or much rather sell one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a HUGE fan of resale, I couldn't afford most of the things I get without it - and I love the patina on an LV bag so resale works out better for me that way too :smile:

I have never purchased anything that was pre-worn but I would if I really loved it and it was in good condition for the price I was paying for it..

I love shopping in resale shops. Buying something used does not bother me at all. But, I usually find that the really good items are still expensive.

I have purchased 2 used bags; a coach & a louis vuitton speedy 35 used!

I don't see anything wrong with purchasing used & if the right one came along, I would buy again. Buying online you just got to be careful because of those nasty fakes, thats all....

I have bought preloved bags , its one way of getting an authentic handbag at a reduced price and a lot of the bags are well looked after, we all have bags that we have lying in closets that only come out occasionally I consign mine that I no longer use and it allows me to buy some new ones. hey its recycling:biggrin: I have to agree on the LV patina I prefer the vachetta patina to the fresh new vachetta, and you get that lovely honey colour on most preloved LVs. I have to add I'm loving this site I've been looking around for a few weeks but hadn't posted until the last few days. It has helped me authentic some past purchases.

I love it! It's a win-win. Someone gets to recoup some of the money spent on the new bag, and someone else gets a bag at a discount.

Personally, I would much rather see luxury resale than anyone spend on a replica.