How do you feel about crocodile skin handbags?

I love them. Nothing is tackier than moc croc bags (sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, it's just that it usually looks SO FAKE. Why not just get a nice plain leather bag?)

i didnt even realize that this was an ad. for this persons bags, haha i thought it was just asking for opinions sorry to insult what your company makes just i think its wrong!

And thats good to hear that you say the crocs are eaten,,, but i dunno I mean thre are a LOT of bags made of croc and not THAT many people eat it THAT much like cows ,,,,

and just a Q susan-eric, what is a farmed animal? what are they farmed for?
for handbags?

i mean i know some ppl eat croc,,,, and maybe there are some ppl who eat ostrich but i dont know if i buy that all the bags made of these exotic materials come from animals that people eat,,,, its not like every restaurant yoou go to has croc or ostrich on the menu like the beef you see everywhere....

thats how i can sort of justify leather to myself, although i dont eat beef enough people do that the cows would be killed anyway and i would rather the hides become bags then wasted nothingnesss,,,,

croc,,, i dont think its the same deal :sad: sorry

*This is not an advertisement* I am merely looking for your input on whether you personally like it/would wear it, or not.

All opinions welcomed. You wont hurt my feelings.

So considering that most crocodile skin bags and products are ridiculously expensive, these genuine bags and low prices do not entice you to buy one?

*Remember that these skins are imported. Their meat does not usually end up in the USA. But the meat is largely consumed where it originates.:yes:

I am totally against croc bags and any other exotic animals being used to make bags (I actually used to have a pet snake).

I'm actually a vegetarian and only justify having leather bags as my boyf eats beef. But sometimes I do feel guilty. :sad: I only used one of my leather bags the other day for the first time in 2 years!

I think the way a lot of designers are using lambskin and calf is disgusting. I know everyone to their own but they are just babies :sad:

Dont mean to offend any one.

Well I used to work in props for a production company and we had a series of vintage croc handbags that were used in some of the period productions (you know, Miss Marple-type characters in the 1930s). So to me, croc just looks like something from another time, something an old lady would carry. I think it looks a little anachronistic on a young woman.

And the mock croc look, as someone suggested above, just looks revolting, like all things faux - if you want the look, fork out for the real thing for freak's sake!

So for me, it's not an ethical thing, I think killing a cow for a handbag is the same as killing a croc for a handbag - I don't differentiate between animals, I eat meat, I wear leather shoes, I carry leather bags, and I don't apologise for it. It's purely an aesthetic thing, I think it looks weird. It's a bit like wearing a fur coat - you look like you just came out of a cave! C'mon people, we've been walking upright for millenia now!