How do you explain the "H" buckle?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Friday at work one of the teachers noticed by "H" belt buckle (hammered paladium?" and wanted to know why since my name did not begin with H. I changed the subject, but really, how do you answer the question? It was difficult enough trying to explain Tohu Bohu......:shrugs:They totally would not get that it was the first letter of the name of the company that made it.

2. Ha ha, I don't explain and if they really want one I tell friends it's a gift from my Mom or a Good Friend (:rolleyes:shhhh...ME!)

I sometime make things up like, it's from a "Happy Place". I call Hermes store, My happy PLACE!!

3. I like the "happy place" reference!

4. happy place, that's nice! :yes: Luckily, my name starts with H so most people think it's just my initial (I don't have a belt but I have a Jige). ;)

5. I also work at a school and have quite a few H items with H on it: Evelyne, H Buckle, Clic Clac. One teacher knew what the H was and yelled, "Oh my God, is that an Air-Mehz?" One day the school Counselor asked me what my H Buckle stood for and I told him, "Happy!"

6. mine is stand for horny, I'm unsure if a lady should say that :P:P:P

7. Just tell her it was a gift and you have no idea - probably a fake or something.

8. Oh pshaw! I say that all the time lately. *sigh*

When someone asks about mine, I just tell them Why hide it?

9. ^^^If I said it was "Air-mez" they still would have asked what the H was for and if I said Her-mees, they still would have no clue what I was talking about. Which is a good thing as my coworkers go online and find out how much my LV bags cost.

10. As others have mentioned, I usually just tell them it was a gift and I don't really know too much about how much it is / why its an H, etc, which is technically true, because it was a gift to myself and I never look at my cc statement for fear of passing out.

11. OMGosh! Sometimes I do that but only because I am wanting to know for ME - in case I want to buy one myself...sounds like they're just being catty.

I find myself explaining "air-mez" all the time. I just get blank looks. LOL!

12. ^^Yes, catty is exactly it. Now when I wear a new H bag they ask me what brand and I just say it's a no-name leather bag. Gotta love H!!!

13. My last name starts with H so I never think twice about it. Hm, no one ever asked me about my Gucci belt that had a big silver G on it. I just think to myself, what's the big deal. Its a belt.

14. Just say it's a symmetrical shape and you don't know whether it's supposed to mean anything.

15. I tell if anyone asks it stands for 'Homo', it usually gets a laugh!!!