How Do You Economize?

1. How do you save to pay for the lovely bags and shoes and jeans?

To "make-up" for my pleasures I (1)have my hair cut at SuperCuts. I wear it simply, all one layer, and don't do any color. I think you get the best hair cut if you can communicate exactly what you want and leave nothing to chance (2) have never had a manicure or a pedicure (3) never buy any processed foods -- try to make everything from scratch and lots of soups and salads.

How about you?

2. basically i use to live on ciggies but now, im just trying to justify everything i buy - do i really need that pair of shoes??? etc.... just budgeting is the way to go for me... :smile: i havent had a hair cut in months... i really should get cracking on to that... im starting to look like a hobo! :shame:

3. Certificates of Deposits, mutual funds. Looking into stocks but I like how CDs force you not to spend the money. :smile: I've got a Birkin CD right now, lol.

4. Yeah, I am really a cheapskate in ever other areas of my life. :P I shop at places like Aldi, Wal-Mart, and Sam's Club for groceries, toiletries, and household products. I go to dollar stores too. I always buy the cheapest toilet paper. I never could understand people who buy the more expensive premium toilet paper. Seems stupid to spend a lot on something you wipe yourself with and then flush. :wacko: My bed sheets are Martha Stewart sheets I got from K-Mart. A lot my furniture was bought on clearance. I clip coupons. I don't got to the salon. If I need a trim, my mom does it (and I do the same for her). I give myself manicures.

5. That is a great idea!! Birkin CD:smile: Now why didn't I think of that?:love:

6. The food issue was huge for us. We used to eat out 3 or 4 times a week. Agree on the no-processed-foods. Now I'm cooking much better meals and send hubby off with very healthy lunches every day. He always took blah sandwiches.

We use loyalty cards when dining out once a week or so, and restaurant.com has had sales for 50% off a local place we like: it was $5. for $25. worth of food. Then there's the entertainment book.

I ordered cheap eBay subscriptions for the nine zillion magazines I have to read- that right there is my major entertainment and a HUGE saving. Also use Barnes & Noble discount card. Target has 25% and 30% off new books. Great savings, small selection. We donate books to the library but I may try selling again on eBay to make room. I've paid too many late fees so don't borrow from library anymore.

Everything I buy online goes through ******.com and I got a decent size rebate check after all my Christmas shopping. I check fatwallet.com to see if there's any must haves on super sale.

My clothes come from places like Old Navy and Target, as I lose weight I won't invest in the better brands.

I sold bags on eBay to defray costs when I want a new bag but I've slacked off badly with that because I haven't wanted
    to part with anything.:worried:
    and eBay is just chock full of wackos:wacko: and a pain in the you-know!

The pets eat super premium holistic food :blink: which costs more but we hoped it would keep them healthier.

We both stopped smoking so I should be socking that $$ away we're not spending into the ING account.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being penny wise and pound foolish when I buy a pricey new bag, but that feeling soon passes :lol:

7. I don't really do anything out of the oridinary for bags/shoes etc. However, when I'm with friends trying to economize, food is always the area that has to suffer lol.

8. I sell my other bags that I no longer use to get the ones I really want :shame:

9. Same here. I also sell other stuff that I don't use anymore. I bring my lunch and snacks to work, don't buy expensive coffee drinks, color my hair at home with those all-in-the-box kits, alternate between manicures and pedicures every two weeks instead of getting both at the same time, shop for clothes and shoes on sale, the list goes on! :nuts:

10. I HAVE to have my Cottonelle double rolls. Nothing else. :P

I also will shop at Target (rarely Walmart) for all of our toiletries. Costco is a big plus for us as well.

Anything that I buy online I buy at a discount of some sort.

Every little bit helps. :smile:

11. i consign my clothes and bags when i'm over them. i've also put myself on a budget. i bring my lunch to work, only get starbucks as a treat once in a while. carpool with my bf to work (share gas, tolls and parking).

12. ING my paychecks and ramen noodles. I love Asian ramen noodles!!!

13. I do just a little of ALL OF THE ABOVE.

14. The one major place I would say I save is clothes. I tend not to care how much my clothes cost, because unless it's something I wear for just being lazy in the house or for weekend errends, I don't like to be seen in the same things more than a few times. So, I'd rather get a 10-20 dollar shirt I'm only going to wear twice than a 50-100 dollar shirt I know I'm going to wear twice.

15. SAme here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice