How do you DO it...?

after my initial binge, i have slowed down on the bbag purchases but continue to reevaluate my collection. i now make it a point to sell bags to fund any new purchases. that being said, i now have very few "wants" left, as i have bought and sold a few bbags already and *think* i have achieved my perfect collection. in the meantime, my CC has taken all the hits, but i work full-time and am able to pay my CC in full every month.

20 Bbags in a MONTH :wtf::nuts:.. WOW! I think you should really start to wear and enjoy the bags you have! When i joined TPF, i too bought a ton of bags, and they just sat in my closet till i realized i was in debt and started to sell them all.... If you've got too many bags to actually bring them into rotation, then you've gotta slow down :yes:

I'm at the point where I'm fairly content with my collection and am just looking for older bags and HG's as well. Also, since I don't use fleabay, it makes it a little difficult to obtain them, but that's good in a way because it takes away any impulse to buy.;) However, I'm not going to rule out any newer bags.......it's just that nothing has really appealed to me so I can't even put myself on a ban and that's never happened to me before!:lol:

I go in spurts.

Save...
Spend to much (buying WONDERFUL bags!)...
Cut spending way back to pay off bags...
Repeat!

I'm terrible at staying on a ban. I also sell bags (of various brands) that i'm not using to fund future eBay purses or help digout if I over do it too much. I have fun with that.

Just starting out my Bbag collection. I was going to get just one, then I ran into one other I can't live without, so I'll have two this month. At this rate, I might go broke.
I learned a lesson from buying too much and having to sell; to buy only the bags that I don't foresee selling. That's of course, easier said than done. It is a big hassle to sell and ebay+paypal fees are reaming. So, I'm a lot more choosey now than ever before and self-imposed *moderation* is much more realistic for me than a ban.

I only buy bags that I know I will use. I have currently used all of my bags at least once that I have obtained recently. Funny thing is today I brought out my Ruby City. I was so nervous about using it and I kept going back and forth with the debate when I realized it was silly. If I don't break it in...who will? And what was the point of buying a new bag if I wasn't going to get the chance to know what it's like to break in a new bag and second if I'm too nervous to use it. So that got taken care of. I know this sounds a bit weird but all my Bbags are HGs. So there will never be a point that I want to sell one unless I get sick of Balenciaga. Gasp! Did I just say that? I have a hard time letting go of other bags that I've bought in the past because they mean so much to me. I think I need to stop looking on eBay for a while. That's the root of my evil temptation. Seeing pictures on TPF of others bags doesn't make me crave going out and buying them. Seeing and knowing a bag is for sale is the problem. Lol. So I guess that makes it two bans: first and foremost, buying any more bags (accessories included although I'm bigger on bags) and second, surfing eBay.

^^ Don't worry! I'm with you. Thank God I have a passive mom...otherwise another would have literally beat me into the gates of Bbag Heaven since that's where I belong. Lol...:roflmfao:

Impossible!

I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN ABLE TO DO IT.

** I called my SA from the top of the ferris wheel last week to order my Step. Sad I know.....

^^ :roflmfao::roflmfao: that should be it's own thread... "craziest places you've ordered a bbag"

ban's are HARD. I usually have to distract myself with something else hardcore until it's over. the longest I've gone is 4 months :Push:

When I know I need restraint, I count my blessings, and tell myself that whatever bag I purchase will only give me temporary happiness. I also tell myself to live each day as if it is my last. And if it is my last, I certainly won't be stressing about whether to get Giant Silver Hardware or Giant Gold Hardware or whatever combo!

I think I overdid the "living my day as if it was my last" last month. I guess each day must have been my last the way I was shopping...lol. There's two colors left that I'm dying for and I found one but I'm trying to be good. I love bright colors so much that I really want an EB in a First, City, Part Time or Work (something I can use everyday) and an Electric Yellow if either a First or City. I would like them to have RH but beggars can't be choosers so if something in GH came my way I think I would pounce, ban or no ban....maybe? The last thing I would add for good measure is an Amethyst Mini Mini Coin Purse just like Andy-Sach. Argent and Charcoal this season are drop dead gorgeous, but I could hold off since I at least got both colors in a Mini Mini CP. And that's my wish list...:girlsigh:

^^ITA @ accessories. I was piling on coinpurses', makeup bags, etc. and boobie lust - then realized that 2 or 3 accessories = one BALENCIAGA BAG!

This is so true I have 4 mini mini's 3 coin purses and a money wallet, that's 2 bags I could have bought! WAH! But that's okay now that the live.com discoutn is gone I think I will be bale to stay on a ban.........:sweatdrop: