How do you decide which color hardware to choose?

I think the gold with the pewter is unexpected and totally awesome!! But in a Love me, as someone pointed out, that's a lotta hw. Gold is perfect on that hug me.

I think you should just shut your eyes and let the vision of the bag come to you. There's no pressure, I think you have a little time to decide. So, just let it come and notice whether it's gold or silver HW!! :tup:

oh, and I think this looks best when you've spent some time looking at pics of both options. Then let is rest and see what creeps up on you.

Loquita - sorry to hear about your accident. It is good no one was seriously injured. You can get a car fixed. It's pretty hard to fix a body.

I am more of a silver hardware girl. I wear lots of silver and white gold. My new obsession is handmade Tibetan jewelry. I must admit there are times when I don't mind mixing metals :nuts:.

All that being said I am seriously considering a chocolate matte LM with gold hardware. There is just something about brown and gold that belong together.

I stopped trying to match hardware to jewellery when I bought some very nice pieces of Omani jewellery that had both silver and gold components. Silver and gold together looked superb so I wondered why I was keeping them separate on the rest of my body.

I think the gold with the pewter is unexpected and totally awesome!! But in a Love me, as someone pointed out, that's a lotta hw. Gold is perfect on that hug me.

I think you should just shut your eyes and let the vision of the bag come to you. There's no pressure, I think you have a little time to decide. So, just let it come and notice whether it's gold or silver HW!! :tup:

oh, and I think this looks best when you've spent some time looking at pics of both options. Then let is rest and see what creeps up on you.

What great advice, thanks!

Actually, now that I think of it, this is fantastic advice for a lot of life decisions (both about handbags and MUCH larger ones!) ;)

^ That is great advice from Euridice!

I had said I would report back with my opinion after having seen Pewter IRL. It definitely leans more towards silver, as almost everyone said. I put yellow gold 10kt 14kt and 18kt next to my Pewter bag and it looked very different from my comparison with white gold, silver, and plat. Both metal colors looked great, just looked to be different *feel* for each: rich vs. casual (imo). I HTH! :heart:

C4H, This helps immensely! When we get the whole car situation fixed, I am going on the pewter prowl...(Turns out the car was totaled and we need a new one now...we only had that one, in an effort to be greener).

Thanks so much for reporting back!!!