How do you decide which color hardware to choose?

I think I am in the majority, in that I tend to mainly order bags with silver hardware but think that some colours are significantly enhanced by the use of gold. My Sandstone Balenciaga Giant Gold Hardware City and my Wine BE Love Me with Gold Hardware are prime examples of this. I cannot imagine either of them being half as gorgeous with silver.

I find it very easy since i always do silver (except for some Chloes)... i have to be hard pressed to choose gold... i would probably make an exception with some of the choco BE leathers...

I agree with Jenova! I wear mostly silver jewelry and dress more casual, but some leathers do look so much better with gold hardware! After seeing my girlfriend's choco bag with gold, I have ordered a bag with gold hardware! Not a BE, yet!

I am seriously contemplating a choco LM with gold hardware! Either the matte choco or the pebbled.

Attachments

• ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 41
I wear both yellow and white gold (as well as sterling), but I am not someone that matches things up ever. I also will mix metals when I wear jewelry. I just go w/ what I think will look nice w/ the leather.

I picked gold for the chocolate glossy and have another bag coming- not BE (Ignes) in a pebbled bordeaux that I ordered gold hardware on. I think richer, warmer colors look best with gold.

Very interesting! I am looking at the pewter pics and think that it looks better with the silver for my purposes, at least...even though now it looks like I can't get the bag after all. :sad: (Long story involving a car accident yesterday. I am fine but the car is very much not so fine).

It depends on the colour of the leather whether I go for silver or gold. All I know is that the choc. matte looks gorgeous with gold hardware! It's never a dealbreaker for me, it either goes or it doesn't, unless the leather goes with both and then I'd be thrown into complete turmoil and agonize over it for days!:nuts:

I am always in two minds about purple, blue and green leathers. They do look pretty good with silver but if you are brave they can be amazing with gold.

I am always in two minds about purple, blue and green leathers. They do look pretty good with silver but if you are brave they can be amazing with gold.

Agreed! I tend to like cool colors with silver, and warm ones with gold...but no gold whatsoever is the hardware is a cheap, garish gold.

(And thanks so much about your kind wishes, everyone!! I feel okay except for some whiplash and a sore wallet, lol...and my partner is thankfully absolutely fine). :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your accident, Loquita...

I was re-reading the posts and I'd like to add that, even though i prefer platinum/silver over gold, i always choose a bag, then an outfit to match it without considering the jewelry i am wearing...

Loquita, I'm SO sorry to hear about your accident! I need to search for the details in the other thread, but I'm so sorry! It's SO upsetting to be in a car accident even if everyone's okay, and not to mention the annoyance and expense of getting your car repaired. My thoughts are with you, sister!! (I was in one in September, and didn't get my car back unitl November! AGHHH!)