How Do You Deal With........

Coldplaylover

Mar 8, 2006
being out and about and seeing someone else carrying one of your other treasured handbags that is not on your arm at the moment? Do you know what I mean? Like you leave the house with a Balenciaga bag and you're at a restaurant and there is someone carrying the Vuitton Theda ( that's at home in your closet) and you feel like darn, I wish I could bond with that woman and be carrying my Theda too! I know this might seem silly but when you have a lot of great bags does this feeling ever happen to you too?

I don't really have any friends who carry and love designer bags as much as I do. So whenever I do see someone with a bag I love/have, then I do wish I had a friend with whom to bond over admiring handbags. But because most of these people I see are way older than me, I rarely have thought about wanting to bond with "that woman."

hehehe, it totally does happen - when i take twiggy out for a walk i see, lots of Speedy 30's and then i think, "crap should of taken mine out" i like doing the whole eyeing up the bag thing "is that fake?" hehehehehe!

You're not alone! I usually say " that b**ch has the bag I want!" :lol: NOt out loud of course. :biggrin: It's worse if your friend or a family member states that they don't like a particular bag you've been wanting, buys it and says " I know I said I didn't like it at first but it grew on me!" *Ugh*

I saw a woman w/ my Balenciaga city at Nordstrom, except hers was orange and older. I was so delighted that I went up to her and said "we're twins!", but she just smiled uncomfortably and didn't say anything. :sad:

I felt so bad, do people not like it when you do that?

spiralsnowman said:
I saw a woman w/ my Balenciaga city at Nordstrom, except hers was orange and older. I was so delighted that I went up to her and said "we're twins!", but she just smiled uncomfortably and didn't say anything. :sad:

I felt so bad, do people not like it when you do that?

maybe it was a fake and she thought you were calling her on it?

or maybe she was just uptight. once when I was at work a customer had the same sweater I was wearing, so I said 'goodbye, sweater twin; when she left. I thought it was hilarious, she didn't look that thrilled though.

i actually don't like when friends have the same bag as i do. and if i'm wearing a bag and i see another woman out with the same one, it drives me absolutely crazy. i mean, i know i'm not the only one that owns that bag, but i like to think i am.