How Do You Deal With Criticism ?

I think I deal fine with, but I think when some people offer it what they really mean is "here's my chance to tell you off." If it's constructive and sound, I take it well even bad. If the person is just trying to be mean, I tell them how I feel.

I take criticism very hard, but I try not to let on. Even if it's construtctive, criticism always makes me feel really bad, and I have a really difficult time dealing with it. If someone criticizes something about my appearance, it gives me a complex!!!

I really need to work on that. :-P

If it's professional/constructive criticism then I take it well. It's good for me.

But personal criticism, I don't even give them a chance to finish whatever it is they have to say. I tell em' off right away :biggrin:

Mariah said:
not well at all. even if they're trying to help me, i feel like it's always personal

Same here. I cry pretty easily, even if someone didn't mean it in a hurtful way, I somehow convince myself that they hate me or something.

Definitely depends on who is giving it and how it is given...and also if I feel it has any validity. If it does I'll try to work on that area, but if it doesn't I'll shrug it off. I tend to keep an open mind though :biggrin:

I am deeply appreciative of being corrected when I am wrong; it doesn't matter who provides the facts or insights. However, I do not care for unfounded or immaterial sniping.

Fortunately, I don't get to experience much of either.

^^^ LOL same here! If it's a random person I don't really care and I accept it for what it is. But if it's someone close to me, I don't know what it is, but I don't take it very well. I guess I care too much about what people think of me and sometimes I feel stupid or like I should have known better if someone criticizes me.