How Do You Deal With Criticism ?

Dani

Feb 3, 2006
Mariah said:
aw, man. maybe we should start a support program! i cry sooooo easily!
LOL. me too:shame:

Once, a couple semesters ago, someone left a mean note on my car saying I was too stupid to know how to park ( in much meaner words, AND I was parked perfectrly fine!!!)

I cried for like, the whole ride home I was so insulted!

I'll joint the program...

"hello, My name is Dani, and I'm a frequent sobber." :biggrin:

Mariah

Dec 24, 2005
Dani said:

Once, a couple semesters ago, someone left a mean note on my car saying I was too stupid to know how to park ( in much meaner words, AND I was parked perfectrly fine!!!)

sweet! the PLFC...the purse loving frequent criers!

p.s. what a mean person! who leaves a note on a stranger's car and says something like that?! i bet you're an awesome parker!! :amuse:

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
Dani said:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone left a note like that on my car. I'm horrible at parking!!!! I think I'm doing pretty well, but then when I get out...I'm super close on one side then a mile away on the other. My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time...and I even cry over that. Hahahaha.

But really, who has time to write notes on a stranger's car? He/she must have no life!

Care

Perhaps, Love?
Feb 25, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
Dani said:

what a mean person!! I don't take criticism very well...Although I do take the the saying of "take it seriously but don't take it personally." Criticism (edit: constructive criticism) will offer room to improve, but I just take it too hard at times...

I will join the support group, too! hahha

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
California
I welcome any professional/constructive criticism because I know it'll help me improve and will just make me a stronger person. But I'm bad at personal criticism coming from friends because I'll get defensive and think to myself "*****, why don't you look at where you are at in life first before looking at mine!" :suspiciou

Care

Perhaps, Love?
Feb 25, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
Irissy said:
I welcome any professional/constructive criticism because I know it'll help me improve and will just make me a stronger person. But I'm bad at personal criticism coming from friends because I'll get defensive and think to myself "*****, why don't you look at where you are at in life first before looking at mine!" :suspiciou
HAHA Irissy, you're too funny. I find myself nodding when I read your comment though.. :lol:

Paisley

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
Texas
Positive Criticism... or someone just flat out being rude.

Positive- it has to be someone I respect- can't be a stranger, or someone who is just an aquantince. Must be friend. Though I hate when my mom is nagging....

Being flat rude- I tell them my 2 cents, and go about my business....why should they criticise me? OR if it's a friend telling me something I obviously know I did wrong. I say your being rude and outta line. Thanks but no thanks for your opinion...and leave....

fendifemale

MCM is bae!
O.G.
Oct 10, 2005
texas
Pradasmeadow said:
Does it depend on who is giving it ?
If it's constructive then I try to swallow the pill but if it's just offensive ranting then Houston we have a problem!:evil:

mewlicious

Mitzi ♥ Indigo
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
Houston/Tokyo
I wish I was better at taking it. In some ways I think taking criticism can define someone and make them a very strong person. It definitely depends on who gives it, though!