How do you deal with buying a pre-owned bag?

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
How do you deal with a pre-owned bag?
I've always gotten my bags brand new from the store or online. I can't get over not knowing where the bag has been or what it has contained. :throwup:I wish I could get past it cos then I could score some bags lower than full price, but I cannot bring myself to.

What do you do to get over the "gross-ness" of someone else using the bag before you? :yucky:

Some people don't find pre-owned bags gross. Personally, I love Bal oldies, so I always buy my pre-owned bags from places like Real Deal Collection, because I trust Corey's condition ratings. I don't put gross things in my bags, so I just assume that if the bag is in really good condition, neither did the previous owner.

I've yet to buy a pre-loved bag, but I think about it like buying a home. Not everyone buys their home brand new straight from construction. Who knows what kind of weirdos have lived in it, done weird stuff in it etc., as long as when you go to see the house, it's pretty, clean, smells nice, you can see yourself in it (or using it, lol), you sort of just let those previous thoughts go.
If you want to get a pre-owned bag, maybe you can buy it and have it professionally cleaned before you use it, perhaps send it to LMB for a little spa treatment! Then you'll know it's fresh, clean, and ready for you to love!

I've yet to buy a pre-loved bag, but I think about it like buying a home. Not everyone buys their home brand new straight from construction. Who knows what kind of weirdos have lived in it, done weird stuff in it etc., as long as when you go to see the house, it's pretty, clean, smells nice, you can see yourself in it (or using it, lol), you sort of just let those previous thoughts go.
If you want to get a pre-owned bag, maybe you can buy it and have it professionally cleaned before you use it, perhaps send it to LMB for a little spa treatment! Then you'll know it's fresh, clean, and ready for you to love!

I wish I could see the bag b4 i purchase it, but we all know that is unlikely to happen when you buy online. Can the spa get it real clean like a brand new bag? ;) then maybe there is hope?

It's never really occured to me to worry about it. I try and buy bags in good condition and it's even better if I know the person. I do clean and condition every new bag that comes into my home and luckily I've had great luck with the bags I've bought so far.

I just received a pre-owned bag from RDC today. What a really wanted was an 05 Black City and I didn't really have a choice but to purchase a used one - and it's almost impossible to find one that's mint or new condition. This one was rated 'excellent' and it's fabulous. It still smells brand-new and the corners aren't even scuffed or the shoulder strap stretched out! The only signs of use are the handles and you have to touch them to feel that they are "pinched" a little... you can't actually see the wear... and the handles smell new too - no stickyness or old smell :P

I would purchase a used bag again, but I'd probably stick with RDC as I trust their conditioning ratings.

How do you deal with a pre-owned bag?
I've always gotten my bags brand new from the store or online. I can't get over not knowing where the bag has been or what it has contained. :throwup:I wish I could get past it cos then I could score some bags lower than full price, but I cannot bring myself to.

What do you do to get over the "gross-ness" of someone else using the bag before you? :yucky:

They are clean and wonderful! With the price difference I don't give two thoughts over it!

If I buy a pre-owned bag, I make sure it is in good to excellent condition. I bought a pre-owned 06 RH Black Work earlier this year and when I finally got it, the handle was stickier than I was comfortable with so I sent it to LMB and now its good as new!

If I see a bag that I like that is pre-owned and in good condition then I'll buy it. I haven't had any problems. Sometimes I will take a rag with alcohol on it and wipe the inside but that has been rare that I've done that.

I only bought used thinking I would not use it new (breaking in part worried me) now I have a new (ha) outlook. I want the break in to be on my time!!! Now that does not mean I will not buy older. Only through E and RDC