How do you deal with buying a pre-owned bag?

I have purchased from eBay and sell on Bonanzle, and if you are careful and the seller has lots of good, clear, detailed photos, it's possible to get some very nice pre-owned bags there. I sold one of mine that had only been carried once to a fellow TPFer and it was in like-new condition, so it's definitely possible to get very nice bags via eBay or Bonanzle!

I feel yah OP! I've attempted to buy 2nd hand/ pre-loved bags, but could not bring myself to take the plunge. I have a fetish for getting brand new things, let alone bags, I like the feeling of breaking in the bag for the first time, and ditto w/ the used-by-someone-else issue, that's why I always end up buying Bnew Bags.

I've always been buying brand new, even though i would love to get a pre-owned bags with unique color and in good condition. However, it is normally priced so high (much higher than retail) and that totally put me off. guess i have never been lucky so far in looking for a pre-owned bag at a much more reasonable price. On the other hand, i have no qualms on how the previous owners' usage or gross-ness haha..

I have purchased from eBay and sell on Bonanzle, and if you are careful and the seller has lots of good, clear, detailed photos, it's possible to get some very nice pre-owned bags there. I sold one of mine that had only been carried once to a fellow TPFer and it was in like-new condition, so it's definitely possible to get very nice bags via eBay or Bonanzle!

I totally agree. I purchased a brand new 06 grenat twiggy and a mint 07 ocean day (worn once) off ebay. I have no complaints.

My RT First was pre-owned, purchased from ebay. The seller was honest with the bag's flaws and I did not mind. It came wrapped up nicely and I got the same level of excitedness as getting a new bag!

I just got a bal that was used and I love her. I think if you find one in great condition chances are the owner took care of the bag. I've never thought about it as being "gross". Suppose if one had a really used bag in terrible condition it may make you think twice.

I have a hard time buying used also. I bought two bags used off of Ebay but they were not really used - maybe only carried once or twice. I do worry and wonder if the previous owner put the bag on the floor or touched the bag with dirty or sticky hands - I used the disinfectant from luvinmybags and my bags look fine.

I also have a weird thing - I like to put my own "imprint" on the bag - the fun of breaking it in myself - the bag taking in my "essence".

I wish I could afford to buy a brand new house but where I live that is not always possible - I do worry about bad vibes in my home sometimes -

I don't mind buying pre-owned as long as it's in excellent or mint condition. My first Ink City was more worn than stated and I never really fell in love with it because it was just too beat up to me. But I've bought some fantastic bags pre-owned that have been in excellent condition and I'm super happy with them.

hi ladies,
yes it all depends on the conditon of the bag i guess. i bought an anthracite city with ggh pre-loved and had to send it for professional cleaning yet that only removed 80% of the smoke smells. That's a risk I took as I have been looking for a dark
bag with ggh! apart from tt, the bag is great.

Last edited:
I buy used and new........sometimes if there is an older style and color you just have to have, then there is no choice than to settle for used if you didn't buy it when it first came out. Its possible to get great used bags.......I don't even worry about where they came from or what the previous owner did to them.

Excuse me but "the gross-ness""..... I don't buy "gross" bags. I've bought an equal amount of pre-owned bags then new because I prefer to collect rare oldies. I'm very happy with the pre-owned bags I have and know what I'm getting before I buy. Some have been mint condition, others well worn but described as such. I love oldies so that terminology really doesn't apply to me.