How do you cope?

Apr 22, 2018
Has anyone gone through poor surgery results and have a hard time dealing? I feel like nobody understand or cares unless it's has something to do with them. I feel people listens but they don’t really hear me. I had the worst day today after hearing some rude comments from a family member which turn into a huge fight. I had some company over so the whole thing was embarrassing. I Do feel alone ,lost and trapped. I tend to go back and forth with suicide but never brave enough to attempt it.

Last edited:
I’m also depressed about my previous surgery but I try to stay positive and I still hope I can fix it and be satisfied with my face when Covid is over
Being depressed and suicidal is honestly exhausting for yourself and your friends.. so I try to avoid it.
medication can also help !
always remember it’s plastic surgery your own face and choice, nobody forced you.
you did a mistake so now try your bests to deal with it. Nobody is really guilty so don’t make others depressed too.
it’s just useless to stay in negativity.
surgeon will always botch people and being greedy.... we do surgeries at our own risks.

I agree. It’s a huge risk and no matter how much research or even asking all the right questions we can still be take by a greedy surgeons who lie about their skills as well as hide the risk. I’m saddened by this choices I’ve made. i don’t know if I should risk revision or just deal with this. It’s been tough emotionally and physically. It’s just hard to hear your own siblings being so cruel. It does hurt. You’ll expect them to have your back and protect you in front of company. I’m just sad.

Reactions: LaTerre and Pakune
I agree. It’s a huge risk and no matter how much research or even asking all the right questions we can still be take by a greedy surgeons who lie about their skills as well as hide the risk. I’m saddened by this choices I’ve made. i don’t know if I should risk revision or just deal with this. It’s been tough emotionally and physically. It’s just hard to hear your own siblings being so cruel. It does hurt. You’ll expect them to have your back and protect you in front of company. I’m just sad.
Honestly I see your post since years now and I think you should get a revision
Staying in your situation is not good !
stay posiTive imagine the amount of surgeons in the world
There is someone that can help you for sure
You will never get the perfect face you wanted but I’m sure you can fix it and feel better !
life is short, try your best and consult as much as you can
Make researches, keep money.
don’t go to Korea again because the risk is higher
Second best place for surgery is USA I think it’s safer and they have the best surgeons.
im sure you can find a solution
I will get a revision and. Facelift for my part
i cross my fingers.
i never been pretty that’s why I’m still positive I guess..

Thank you. Im sure you are pretty but very hard on yourself. I guess I’m sad bc I started attractive and now I like I destroyed it. I can send dm you my photo to show you what I look like before

Last edited:
Reactions: LaTerre
@Madambutterfly89 if you have expectations of your family members, you may be disappointed. If you have no expectations, you can never be let down.

Cope by talking to members of this forum and by doing research and booking consults for revision. Once you have decided on a surgeon for revision, you can count down the days. This gives you hope.

What is done is done. No point in dwelling on a mistake. You are human and surgeons may not be honest with what they can deliver. This is why it is important to chat with real past patients.

Remember it is only time that stands between you and your revision and a year can go by very quickly.

Good luck!

Reactions: catria
Thanks miss orange. You make a good point. Just hearing them insult me in front of company really broke me. It just hurts more when it’s family.

I have found a surgeon but just worried he might be doing it for the money Instead of being transparent. When money is involved it’s makes things difficult. Im looking into custom jaw/cheek implants but will do more research before I do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaTerre
Thanks miss orange. You make a good point. Just hearing them insult me in front of company really broke me. It just hurts more when it’s family.

I have found a surgeon but just worried he might be doing it for the money Instead of being transparent. When money is involved it’s makes things difficult. Im looking into custom jaw/cheek implants but will do more research before I do anything.
I know dr lee from tfd but he is from Korea and dr eppley from USA are famous for custom jaw implants

Hi Madambutterfly89, I’ve never had experienced with plastic surgery but I do had a bad experience from dark spots laser on my face which led me to over heated injury & I fell in to depression (1st time ever & hope last one). During my depression period, I didn’t feel people around me could feel what I felt, even a friend told me “just go out & enjoy they day” (I wish I could). I went to psychiatrist & I think only him could listen what was in my mind without judging me. So I think people can just briefly listen without concern about our feeling because I also believe it’s never happened to them. That’s why when I read about some posts here that people get depressed after botch surgery, I can understand their feelings. I hope you will get the best surgeon for your revision & good luck! :heart:

I appreciate your words and understanding. Sometimes I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. I agree- it’s hard for people to relate until they’re experiencing it for themselves. All people can do is briefly listen and provide empty words. I guess in reality nobody cares about our problems unless you pay them to listen. But when the tables are turned then expect someone to be there and listen and support them. It’s weird how members on the forum can provided support and compassion and I can’t even get that from my own siblings. I guess that’s what hurt the most.

I hope the injury you experienced healed well in your favor.❤️

Reactions: LaTerre and sensoe