How do you control your temper?

Sigh and count to 10. I tend to hold my tongue so I don't say anything I'll have to regret and apologise for later. Silence is better than telling someone you "never liked them anyway" because they "eat like a horse", or something!

I'm also tempted so say I don't have to get into those kinds of arguments because I avoid having to rely on people. But that's sad. :sad:

Well my ex was Capricorn, I am Pisces so work it out!LOL!
If I argued it was with myself he would just walk away! Most frustrating used to make my blood boil!

I am a lot calmer now LOL much more diplomatic than I used to be but still get really uptight when things go wrong, definitely bit of a control freak & perfectionist! LOL

^ thats so me! dont you just HATE when they walk away from you? either he'll do that or just not say anything while i go on & on forever! when i look back i see how silly i must have looked. :lecture:

With my SO he can argue forever, so I just walk away. If he wants the last word let him have it. 90% of the time after being a jerk, he apologizes. Walking away seems to take the wind out of his sails and the thrill is gone so he stops with the arguing.

With my SO he can argue forever, so I just walk away. If he wants the last word let him have it. 90% of the time after being a jerk, he apologizes. Walking away seems to take the wind out of his sails and the thrill is gone so he stops with the arguing.

That works for me too actually when I am the one who is angry. When my SO feels that I've stepped over the line, he actually leaves the house to let me know that I've gone too far and to give me time to cool off even when I am the one who is completely wrong.

Sometimes he will just go to a different part of the house and not speak to me for a period of time. In that way, he puts me on a "time-out" even though he is the one who has left! Sometimes he says he feels like he is raising a child. LOL! :nuts: My SO is extremely calm and rational so he rarely gets angry. That makes me the crazy one...:sweatdrop:

Here is what happens when you get old. When you have the words on the tip of your tongue, you think about what will happen after you say them, how they will make the other person feel, and you involuntarily ask yourself, how will this improve the situation/get me what I want/make me feel better, and you see the whole aftermath before you, you feel the hurt feelings of the other person, you feel your guilt for hurting their feelings, and you feel the irreplaceable loss of a precious day, even a minute, spent with someone you love - lost, lost forever, and all because you let fly with some mouthful of crap.

So, you just stop doing it, and obtain the result you seek in another way, and by the time you get old, your bag of ways is really, really big...
Totally agree!! I try to think about it, take a deep breath that will prevent me to explote. That's how I try to control it, with patience. With years (hmm, when you get older!!) you learn how to do it without destroying yourself or your SO feelings. That's what time can do for you!!