How do you clean your sprouse scarf?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I apologize ahead of time if there is already a thread about this. I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I was wondering what alternative methods (other than the recommended dry cleaning) that people use to clean their leopard sprouse or other LV scarves. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust my local dry cleaner with a scarf worth almost 1k. Has anyone tried anything that worked? Anyone have warnings about what not to try?

2. I have handwashed mine, dried it flat, cool iron & it is fine!

3. I usually take my expensive scarves and clothes to specialty cleaners. There are usually cleaners that cater to such items. Here in Hawaii, I use Hakuyosha Royal Cleaners. They have a gentler dry cleaning method and take special care with the items. Try to find a place like that, it costs more but is well worth it.

4. Thanks for the info & help!!! :biggrin:

5. That's good to know, no shrinkage noticed then? I think it says dry clean only, but so do a lot of my clothes and handwashing seems to work fine.