How do you clean your LV candel (holder) for future use?

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Hi all -

I have a wonderful LV candle that is burning it's last few hours. I want to clean out the jar and use it for other things - which was part of the draw of this candle in the first place. Does anyone know how best to clean this out so that the wax residue is gone while not ruining the vachetta handle? I don't mind if the scent is left remaining - I'm actually fine with that as I'll probably put potpourri or something in it. But I do want to get the wax and discoloration out.

TIA!

MedicWifey

Jun 8, 2014
I suspect that you could pour boiling water into the container and then wait for the remaining wax to come up. I haven't tried this with an LV candle but I've done it with other glass/ceramic candle holders. The water will melt the wax and it will bubble up to the top like a lava lamp. Then after a few hours you can push down on one side of the wax which is now on top of the water and pop it out in a little disk. If there was a lot of wax left at the bottom you might have to repeat a second time. Then you just pop out the little piece that held the wick from the bottom. At this point if the wax disk still has scent left you can put it in a wax warmer like you would a wax melt until the scent is gone.

Not my video but this shows what I mean:

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I suspect that you could pour boiling water into the container and then wait for the remaining wax to come up. I haven't tried this with an LV candle but I've done it with other glass/ceramic candle holders. The water will melt the wax and it will bubble up to the top like a lava lamp. Then after a few hours you can push down on one side of the wax which is now on top of the water and pop it out in a little disk. If there was a lot of wax left at the bottom you might have to repeat a second time. Then you just pop out the little piece that held the wick from the bottom. At this point if the wax disk still has scent left you can put it in a wax warmer like you would a wax melt until the scent is gone.

Not my video but this shows what I mean:
Thanks for this! I'll give this a try

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Austin, TX
You're lucky to have that, it's such a versatile piece after burning!
Thanks - this was part of the attraction. I love a nice candle plus the bonus of a cute piece after it burns. Thinking I'll get some potpourri and put it in my office with all my bags.