How do you clean your carpet when...

i_love_yorkie

and BAGS
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
im going crazy....
my little yorkie kept pooping and peeing on my carpet and nomatter how hard i cleaned it, there still stain and smell.
how do i remove it COMPLETELY? any kind of machine/chemical that remove it but wont hurt my carpet?
im living in a apartment and i GOTTA remove it before i moved. not for a while but i want to act on it from the beginning.
luckily my yorkie is "potty train". yeah, she does know where, when to DO it but ...we call it ACCIDENTS.

PLEASE HELP....:crybaby:

There are several products that you can use, try to find one that is enzymatic. Urine Off, and Natures Miracle I believe are both enzymatic cleaners. I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of.

I have the same problem with my Maltese. For some reason she loves the living room in particular. I finally just decided not to have a rug and now she's started pooping on the wood floor.

I have two rugs rolled up all stinky that need to be cleaned. I plan to buy carpet cleaner for pet odors that I understand you get at the store where they rent steam cleaners. Then I'm going to take the rugs and hose them down and scrub them with that stuff and let them air dry. I don't know if it'll ruin them but I figured they are ruined already.

I agree with everyone else. Nature's Miracle works pretty well. I've also heard you can make a solution of vinegar and water and clean the area with that, although I've never tried it.

I bought the spot bot. It works well although I never just turn it on and leave it, I always use the hose attachment, it sucks up the pee right off the top of the carpet instead of rubbing it in. I highly reccomend it.

I agree with everyone else. Nature's Miracle works pretty well. I've also heard you can make a solution of vinegar and water and clean the area with that, although I've never tried it.

I have a steam cleaner and whenever I clean carpets, pet stains or not- I use about 3/4 cup of white vinegar and a bit of baking soda in the machine. It cleans so well and takes the smell out! It works great and is cheap!

Plus, a lot of soap or detergent based cleaners actually build up and attract dirt or for some reason, lure the animal back (at least at my house). I wonder if Nature's Miracle has baking soda or vinegar in it...

Natures Miracle and some professional steam cleaning should do the trick.

Not to go OT but if your baby is still peeing and pooping in the house she is not potty trained.....they are either 100% or not. Maybe revisit the basics in potty training her because she must think it is OK for her to go in the house if she is having these "accidents."

Most small breed puppies take at least a year of consistent training to be housebroken. If she is in your house with you, keep a leash on her and you have to hold her/be with her at all times otherwise you will never catch her pottying in the house until after the fact and she will never be reliable.

Good luck, the small ones are usually a little tougher to potty train. Just be consistent and don't give her the chance to even THINK about pottying in your house.

on poop, i try to remove as much "matter" as possible with clorox wipes, then soak it in petzyme (found at petsmart), put paper towels on it, and weight it so it absorbs.

on pee, i just pour petzyme on it and then put weighted paper towels on it. leave the paper towels on for at least 24 hours so that it's completely dry and absorbs everything.

normally she waits until i get her out. but when she is sick, she's just tired and go anywhere ;-(

any recommend on STeAmer?
What do you mean when she is sick?? Dogs should not be sick really ever. If she is really sick as often as it sounds, you really should take her to the vet and maybe the pottying problem would be solved. I would be very worried about my dog if she was sick all the time and pottying everywhere. Maybe she truly has something wrong with her :confused1: