How do you choose THE bag that makes your heart race

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
I am sure almost everyone following Chanel thread is an avid Chanel lover. I need some advice and would love to hear how you chose your Chanel bags.

Recently I have been exposed to various breathtaking Chanel bags on this forum and Instagram. I have also seen in person many attractive bags. However, for some reason, I still have not found "the" bag despite many opportunities to possession them: Cuba minis in all colours except for black and some unicorn combinations. I passed on these opportunities even though each time that I walked into Chanel I know that I will be having more than just one "the" bags.

How do you choose? I confess I am a very indecisive person. However, I also have strong preferences (even though they are often overshadowed when I am under the heat of the moment).

I am attaching a picture of minis that I passed on recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: luxury_lucy
I am sure almost everyone following Chanel thread is an avid Chanel lover. I need some advice and would love to hear how you chose your Chanel bags.

Recently I have been exposed to various breathtaking Chanel bags on this forum and Instagram. I have also seen in person many attractive bags. However, for some reason, I still have not found "the" bag despite many opportunities to possession them: Cuba minis in all colours except for black and some unicorn combinations. I passed on these opportunities even though each time that I walked into Chanel I know that I will be having more than just one "the" bags.

How do you choose? I confess I am a very indecisive person. However, I also have strong preferences (even though they are often overshadowed when I am under the heat of the moment).

I am attaching a picture of minis that I passed on recently.

Hi Meowwu! There are tons of stunning, inspiring chanel (& other brands on here too) pics here & on IG. For me, I just know. It's like falling in love, you just KNOW it when it's "the right" bag. There have been plenty of chanel bags that I've seen in person that I've totally admired & believe they are gorgeous, but if I am unsure or indecisive about it, I personally would not purchase it because of the pricepoint. I also did a big re-vamp of my handbag wardrobe starting about 2 years ago as my taste has changed a little, along w/ my needs so I'd also really consider what style & sizes you love & would use a often (as opposed to them sitting around unused in your closet if you are unsure)....how do you need them to function for you, etc. It's great if you are keeping track of pictures that "speak to you" because there likely is some strong consistency with many of your pics, so hopefully that will help narrow it down for you as to what your "it bag" will be....I really think you will just know when the right one is in front of you! BEST OF LUCK!:flowers:

The feeling of knowing "the bag" was the same for me when choosing "the wedding dress" - I saw it and just knew it was the one.
With my bags, I generally have an idea of what I'm after so when I see it, and if it makes my heart sing (whether in person or online) then that is "the one".
My most recent purchase was made online - I wasn't actually intending to buy anything, just browsing on eBay and came across the listing for the bag in the colour, hardware and leather combo I had been dreaming of. Saw the pics and condition - it made my heart sing through the iPad [emoji12] slept on it for one night and bought it the next day [emoji111]️ no regrets!

Reactions: Meowwu
Choosing the one always just had that special feeling to me. I'm quite careful and considered with my purchases usually so I tend to go away amd think about something before I purchase. If its a bag that I just cant get out of my head after days, when I have a spare moment and what I think about it that particular bag or I'm stalking the bag on the internet trying to find pictures, then I know that she is the one.

Fortunately/unfortunately tpf has been a massive enabler for me. Its so great that so many people post their purchases and lets us see what otherwise we may not know is available. I've fallen head over heels with so many fellow tpf-er purchaes.

Reactions: Meowwu
Wow, beautiful bag!

Please don't tell me you passed the chevon pink mini in calfskin...I searched high and low for it, rang a few boutiques and department stores in the UK, had my hopes high a couple of times, only to be told there was none in the UK, nor Europe, my SA did find one on the system, but it was in San Fransisco[emoji26] I knew it was the one when I saw pics of it shared by Vanana here and couldn't get it out of my head. It will probably be the love I will never get [emoji24]There seem to be plenty of SLG in the same combo but very limited minis IMG_1481846587.785996.jpg

sorry I am having trouble posting the pink chevron but it's the new light pink chevron mini from Cuba collection. I
Please don't tell me you passed the chevon pink mini in calfskin...I searched high and low for it, rang a few boutiques and department stores in the UK, had my hopes high a couple of times, only to be told there was none in the UK, nor Europe, my SA did find one on the system, but it was in San Fransisco[emoji26] I knew it was the one when I saw pics of it shared by Vanana here and couldn't get it out of my head. It will probably be the love I will never get [emoji24]There seem to be plenty of SLG in the same combo but very limited minis View attachment 3549231

Yikes!

I did :sad: I love chevron but I don't baby purses so I am very worried that I might ruin it in no time. It's still available in my local boutique. Let me know if you want contact information.

Please don't tell me you passed the chevon pink mini in calfskin...I searched high and low for it, rang a few boutiques and department stores in the UK, had my hopes high a couple of times, only to be told there was none in the UK, nor Europe, my SA did find one on the system, but it was in San Fransisco[emoji26] I knew it was the one when I saw pics of it shared by Vanana here and couldn't get it out of my head. It will probably be the love I will never get [emoji24]There seem to be plenty of SLG in the same combo but very limited minis View attachment 3549231

Can the boutique ship it to you?

sorry I am having trouble posting the pink chevron but it's the new light pink chevron mini from Cuba collection. I

Yikes!

I did :sad: I love chevron but I don't baby purses so I am very worried that I might ruin it in no time. It's still available in my local boutique. Let me know if you want contact information.

Thanks just PM'ed you. If it was in lambskin I wouldn't have fallen for it... I think it's aged calfskin (?) so should be less delicate, the leather feels pretty sturdy on the SLGs. It would have been a good opportunity to introduce chevon, and colour into my current all quilt and black collection!