how do you carry your totes?

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
are they meant to be carried on the shoulder or hand held? do the straps stay on the shoulder or do they tend to fall off like maggie? I love maggie but I can't keep it up on my shoulder.

I only have one tote (Alexandra) and I carry it on my shoulder or as a crossbody. I've never carried it by hand or as a satchel. I had a Maggie years ago and wore it as a shoulder bag. I didn't have any major problems with the straps. I do remember having to readjust them sometimes but it wasn't that bad. The style just might not be a good fit for you. I know a lot of people said that they had trouble with the Carly strap slipping off but I never had that problem. Some people got rid of it but it's still one of my favorite bags. They are all different for everyone.

I have a lot of trouble carrying any double handled bags on my shoulder. One of the two straps always fall off. If I'm carrying a tote, it's usually in my elbow. That's why I stick to hobos and satchels most of the time.

I can never wear a shoulder bag. For some reason its always a pain to keep the straps from sliding. I carry my totes (the very few I have) in my hands and sometimes satchel style.

I prefer hobos but I had one tote I really liked that never stayed on my shoulder! It helped to cross the straps, but still slid off from time to time.