how do you carry your julianne??

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
ok, i am a sabrina fan but recently aquired a teal julianne. it is a really pretty bag but i keep trying it different ways. for those of you who own julianne, do you use it crossbody? if so, do you find that you carry it in front this way or more around the back??? not sure why i am confused on this one. do you carry it in the crook of your arm ? and if so, do you find it hangs down too far? as a shoulder bag, i worry that it will swing around too much?!?! sorry for the long post but just wondering what the consensus is here. thanks in advance!!

ok, i am a Sabrina fan but recently aquired a teal julianne. it is a really pretty bag but i keep trying it different ways. for those of you who own Julianne, do you use it cross body? if so, do you find that you carry it in front this way or more around the back??? not sure why i am confused on this one. do you carry it in the crook of your arm ? and if so, do you find it hangs down too far? as a shoulder bag, i worry that it will swing around too much?!?! sorry for the long post but just wondering what the consensus is here. thanks in advance!!

i ended giving up on my Julianne because i couldn't find a way to carry her comfortably either. the strap is way to long. im very short 5'1". i thought about having the strap shortened but didn't want to ruin it. it hung down way to low (below my hip bone) , then i would try cross body but it dug into my shoulder and hurt. i am a train commuter so i couldn't carry it on my arm or in my hand.

so i ended up with a sabrina.

sorry no help here.. :shrugs:

I must be losing it because I thought I had already responded to this post but obviously I didn't. That's what happens when you tPF too much, you get forgetful LOL :P

Anyhow, I wear my Julianne on my shoulder or cross body mostly and it fits just right. On some occasions, I use it as a hand bag and I think it looks great that way but it's just not as practical. Below is a pic of me with Julianne cross body and as you can see I wear her slightly towards the front. Hope you enjoy your teal, I'm jealous and I really want that one :yes:

attachment.php

I wish I was able to carry it as a shoulder bag. I love this bag and I am thinking about getting one... But I am not sure if I can commit to not being able to put it over my shoulder. Congrats on your new bag..

Okay for the ladies that say that they use her as a shoulder bag, is that with the small handle or long one. I think the long one is waaayyy to long because I am only 5'1. The small handle is to small...... I love this bag but i think I would have to compromise too much...

Okay for the ladies that say that they use her as a shoulder bag, is that with the small handle or long one. I think the long one is waaayyy to long because I am only 5'1. The small handle is to small...... I love this bag but i think I would have to compromise too much...

that was my problem, im short as well, when i used the strap as a shoulder bag it just banged agains my thigh and kept slipping off my shoulder. that is a pain when getting on and off the train, going up stairs, etc. Satchel styles work best for my shortness. more width than highth.

im using my new black Patent Resort tote right now, its the strangest bag i have ever seen from coach. probably why i wanted it. DH finally made a comment :crybaby: He told me he thought it was the ugliest bag he has ever seen. i told him that is why i liked it. lol..

He said that about my Brown large Op Art sabrina too.. , i did end up exchanging the Sabrina, but im keeping this resort.

even though it's tall the shoulder strap is comfy and doesn't slip.

I must be losing it because I thought I had already responded to this post but obviously I didn't. That's what happens when you tPF too much, you get forgetful LOL :P

Anyhow, I wear my Julianne on my shoulder or cross body mostly and it fits just right. On some occasions, I use it as a hand bag and I think it looks great that way but it's just not as practical. Below is a pic of me with Julianne cross body and as you can see I wear her slightly towards the front. Hope you enjoy your teal, I'm jealous and I really want that one :yes:

attachment.php

Bagap, you look great! :yahoo: I love your outfit and your Julianne is Stunning!

attachment.php
bagap, thank you so much for your help. your julianne looks absolutely great on you.

I usually wear her on my shoulder (with the long strap), cross-body when I'm at school (and under my coat cross-body when it rains, even though she's gotten rain spots on her which have dried within minutes without leaving any marks) and on my arm when I'm feeling glam :P

Such a versatile bag :heart:

I say, wear it in whatever way is more comfortable for you.