How do you carry your bags and why?

gayboy

*not actually gay* i'm elle
Aug 1, 2013
How do you usually carry your most commonly carried/favourite bag?

I'm male so my favourite way to carry a bag (I usually carry "womens" bags that look unisex or masculine) is with the bag in my hand and down by my side. I think this makes me look more dramatic and powerful as a man carrying a bag made for women! I just think it makes me look most fashionable really. :P

However, if my bag (my main one is the Coach Borough BTW) is too heavy, I wear it on my shoulder. I dislike doing this however as I worry about it getting damaged, it's hard to control your bag when it's on your hand in situations such as being on the bus, on the underground, etc.

I do whatever works best with the bag and situation, as I have a variety of styles. My favorite style is a satchel, and I will hand carry or carry over my right forearm. I am left-handed. I almost never wear anything cross-body due to neck pain.

I favor satchels and I normally carry them on the crook of my left arm. I'm right handed. But sometimes, due to some back discomfort, I am forced to carry bags on my shoulder, particularly, right shoulder - doesn't work on my left.

I'm a multi-way carrier

I only usually use cross-body (over the top) or shoulder bag in the Summer, hand-held too sometimes. Although carrying on bare shoulder is bad for all bags longterm.

Never crook of arm and on the shoulder in Winter (bad for coats and jackets). Hand-held, cross body under a coat, even messenger under shorter jacket.

In the crook of my arm as well. With the bags I wear I just think it looks classy. I always have a crossbody strap in my bag that I can use if I am somewhere where I need my hands more but only if I'm desperate because I worry about color transfer so much. I love the look of holding a bag with your hand but I'm only 5' tall and rarely wear heels so the look just doesn't work for me :sad:

As a guy, I avoid carrying my handbag crooked in my arms because I feel carrying it this way could make too feminine. I don't mind carrying my handbag over the shoulder, hand held or cross body.

• Love
Reactions: RT1