How do you carry your bags and why?

gayboy

*not actually gay* i'm elle
Aug 1, 2013
UNITED KINGDOM
How do you usually carry your most commonly carried/favourite bag?

I'm male so my favourite way to carry a bag (I usually carry "womens" bags that look unisex or masculine) is with the bag in my hand and down by my side. I think this makes me look more dramatic and powerful as a man carrying a bag made for women! I just think it makes me look most fashionable really. :P

However, if my bag (my main one is the Coach Borough BTW) is too heavy, I wear it on my shoulder. I dislike doing this however as I worry about it getting damaged, it's hard to control your bag when it's on your hand in situations such as being on the bus, on the underground, etc.

ScottyGal

Jul 28, 2014
I usually carry in the crook of my right arm, however will sometimes use a shoulder strap if the particular style has one 👜😊

LuvAllBags

On A Mission
O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Sorta Northeast
I do whatever works best with the bag and situation, as I have a variety of styles. My favorite style is a satchel, and I will hand carry or carry over my right forearm. I am left-handed. I almost never wear anything cross-body due to neck pain.

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I wear either crossbodies or in the crook of my arm. On the shoulder just falls off for me.

nygrl

O.G.
Apr 22, 2011
the city
My favorite style is a tote bag so I usually carry those on my shoulder. On the weekends, I like using a smaller crossbody bag.

Kitties Are Cute

& so are pugs!!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Los Angeles
A lot of my bags are meant to be carried on the arm, but I'm lazy and like both free hands so I often shove them onto my shoulder, ha. They usually end up falling off though.

msd_bags

Jun 23, 2013
I favor satchels and I normally carry them on the crook of my left arm. I'm right handed. But sometimes, due to some back discomfort, I am forced to carry bags on my shoulder, particularly, right shoulder - doesn't work on my left.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I'm a multi-way carrier

I only usually use cross-body (over the top) or shoulder bag in the Summer, hand-held too sometimes. Although carrying on bare shoulder is bad for all bags longterm.

Never crook of arm and on the shoulder in Winter (bad for coats and jackets). Hand-held, cross body under a coat, even messenger under shorter jacket.

hellohum

Jan 13, 2015
In the crook of my arm as well. With the bags I wear I just think it looks classy. I always have a crossbody strap in my bag that I can use if I am somewhere where I need my hands more but only if I'm desperate because I worry about color transfer so much. I love the look of holding a bag with your hand but I'm only 5' tall and rarely wear heels so the look just doesn't work for me :sad:

jadeaymanalac

GIVENCHY FANATIC
Aug 26, 2013
Hong KOng SAR
As a guy, I avoid carrying my handbag crooked in my arms because I feel carrying it this way could make too feminine. I don't mind carrying my handbag over the shoulder, hand held or cross body.

• Love
Reactions: RT1