How do you care for your Goyard?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

Just curious.... I'm a newbie to Goyard, so any insight would be helpful.

1) How do you clean your Goyard?
    2) How long does the Goyard Chevron design last?
    3) What happens once the Goyard Chevron design fades? Can you actually have it sent to Goyard to "retouch"?
    4) I'm assuming it's alright to get Goyard wet (even in dripping rain or sleet or snow) because it's made of coated canvas, right?

2. my thoughts:

1) How do you clean your Goyard?
    I haven't needed to clean it yet, so far it has remained in great condition despite my st louis being my "throw around/casual" bag.

2) How long does the Goyard Chevron design last?
    Mine is in perfect condition after 4+ years, not sure what it will look like in the decades to come.

3) What happens once the Goyard Chevron design fades? Can you actually have it sent to Goyard to "retouch"?
    Unsure - will let someone with more knowledge respond :smile:

4) I'm assuming it's alright to get Goyard wet (even in dripping rain or sleet or snow) because it's made of coated canvas, right?
    Absolutely! I live in Seattle and travel to London frequently, and my goyard bag has always been my go-to bag for rainy days. It has held up impressively well in rain and snow.

3. 1) I wipe the outside with a wet kitchen roll or baby wipes, for the inside I use tape to remove any lint

2) How long does the Goyard Chevron design last? Very long I guess. It can only rub off if you bump against things (and I avoid bumping into this and people as much as possible)

3) What happens once the Goyard Chevron design fades? No clue

4) I'm assuming it's alright to get Goyard wet (even in dripping rain or sleet or snow) because it's made of coated canvas, right? Absolutely. I use my Goyards all the time (alternating with LV coated canvas) when it rains

4. You're right about the canvas being water resistant. Goyard themwelves have said to turn St. Louis inside out when carrying wet swimwear at the beach or by the pool. :smile:

5. I'm just wondering have you heard anything about color transfer?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice