How do you care for Togo leather??

airtoby

O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
I'll be getting new FIRST Birkin in a few week from a reseller!!!:yahoo: Just want to know how to clean/condition Togo leather or do I just leave it, as it is???
Also, I'll be appling sunscreen to my hands during summer, is it OK with the handles?? I'm new to H, so I need all your experts advice!!!! Thanks

What colour is it? Does it need any repairs?

When I picked up my togo Birkin from H I was told not to do anything to it and when the time came take it back to H for any treatments needed

And congrats on your first Birkin....I'm already plotting my second one and mine is only just 3 weeks old!!

Reactions: Marionpasadena
i wrap twillys on my white swift birkin but do nothing to other darker shades one, whether they are togo or clemence. i think togo is relatively durable and probably wont need too much pampering.

Do little or nothing to it. Togo is very hardy. I would avoid getting hand lotion or sunscreen on the handles, regardless of the color of the leather. On rare occasions, you might use something like Meltonian or creme saphir for touch ups (?corner wear) but you really shouldn't have to do much with the bag on a regular basis. Congrats in advance.

Reactions: aleksti
I have done nothing to my black togo Birkin. I've sent the gold togo to NY for scuffing on the corners a couple of times over the past 5 years and it's come back like new. These bags are almost 10 years old, get constant wear and still look great.

I would wipe the sunscreen off my palms before carrying the bag.

Sunscreen applied to hands...good idea...to palms and then Birkin handles? Not such a good ldea... Togo shouldn't need any pampering in general however I agree that it will absorb oils such as in hand cream/sunscreen. If you want to protect it from such and don't want to use twillies on your handles you might just use some melatonian on the handles and buff it in, this should give you a layer between your hands and the actual Togo leather you might need to reapply every few weeks ... Congrads on your new baby!

Reactions: ambrose1985
I asked my local SA re: caring for my birkin. He told me not to worry about it as togo doesn't need that much pampering. Regular spa treatments are recommended and I might take mine to it once it starts to show some wear. Right now it looks spanking new (got it for 6 months now).

But with regards to transferring sunscreen to the handles, my tip is to apply sunscreen daily then WASH your hands before you reach for your birkin to head out the door.

Congratulations on your new purchase. You'll love yours!:heart: