How do you attach your round coin purse to your handbag as a charm?

luvbags29

O.G.
Feb 23, 2012
I just recently purchased the round coin purse on vacation. I am wondering if anyone uses it as a bag charm on the outside of their bag and if so, how do you attach it? I would love to use it as a bag charm. I appreciate any pictures and info :smile:
Thanks everyone!!!

Reactions: PurpleLilac
I don't want to rain on your parade, and by all means, please attach your round coin purse to your bag if that's what you want to do... I realize that I am often in the minority in this particular discussion!

But I must say that I am a member of the SHCOYBC (Stop Hanging Crap On Your Bags Club). Most bag charms cheapen the look of bags in my opinion (I have only seen a handful of successful "bag charm + bag" combos on TPF). Using the mini pochette or round coin purse as a bag charm is equally unfortunate.

Don't get me wrong: I think the round coin purse is a beautiful piece to use inside your bag.

I don't want to rain on your parade, and by all means, please attach your round coin purse to your bag if that's what you want to do... I realize that I am often in the minority in this particular discussion!

But I must say that I am a member of the SHCOYBC (Stop Hanging Crap On Your Bags Club). Most bag charms cheapen the look of bags in my opinion (I have only seen a handful of successful "bag charm + bag" combos on TPF). Using the mini pochette or round coin purse as a bag charm is equally unfortunate.

Don't get me wrong: I think the round coin purse is a beautiful piece to use inside your bag.

I would love to hear which bag + bag charm combos did you like? As I find it hard to match bag + bag charm (many combos I tried in store felt "wrong" to me - I just love the design of the handbag so much and do not want to distract too much from its beauty) and have never tried it before, I am interested in your opinion. What do you think about using a bandeau to wrap for example around the handle?

Reactions: missconvy

That's the beauty in life... we all get to decide what works for us. I plan on using this both inside and outside of my bag because I'm not part of that club and happen to like that look. The title of this thread is not whether you like this look but if you have any experience attaching them and would be willing to share that. Thanks for your opinion though....

What is the bag in question so that we may properly assist you? I think some bag charms are cute, but others are a bit much. While I respect the opinion of fabuleux, he's not a woman or a feminine man (doesn't appear to be anyway), so perhaps bag charms aren't his taste, because they are too 'girly' or 'feminine'.

I DO AGREE that it is most unfortunate to use the mini pochette, round coin purse, or key clay as a bag charm. It does look awful.

There are cuter options imo

Reactions: PurseAddict728
What is the bag in question so that we may properly assist you? I think some bag charms are cute, but others are a bit much. While I respect the opinion of fabuleux, he's not a woman or a feminine man (doesn't appear to be anyway), so perhaps bag charms aren't his taste, because they are too 'girly' or 'feminine'.

I DO AGREE that it is most unfortunate to use the mini pochette, round coin purse, or key clay as a bag charm. It does look awful.

I was hoping to attach it to my speedy or my neverfull.

I would love to hear which bag + bag charm combos did you like? As I find it hard to match bag + bag charm (many combos I tried in store felt "wrong" to me - I just love the design of the handbag so much and do not want to distract too much from its beauty) and have never tried it before, I am interested in your opinion. What do you think about using a bandeau to wrap for example around the handle?
It's so rare that I make a point in commenting on the person's photo when I see a "bag+charm" combo that works well!! :smile: I remember someone with an Épi Alma that had a cool graphic charm on it. I thought that looked really sharp and modern. In general, it seems to work best when the pairing of the two items remains clean and simple (no one wants to see a busy mess!). I think you just hit the nail on the head: it's best when the accessory does not distract from the design of the bag.

As for the bandeaux, they are nice but, again, I find them superfluous in most cases. To me, simplicity is a pillar of elegance.

Despite all of that, I appreciate seeing everyone's bags and bag charms, even when they are not my cup of tea! It's fun to see what people like what makes them happy!

HAHA me and my damn testosterone! :biggrin:

Working for years in luxury stores, you'd be surprised how many women I had to dress from head to toe because they had no clue what actually looked good on them. #HereToServe #GaysToTheRescue

If you really want to use your round coin purse as a bag charm, I believe you could purchase a clip and a chain, like the ones they sell at Mautto, make the chain super short and attach them to the zipper pull. However, I don't think it will look very good.
In regard to bandeaux, I REALLY dislike them on bags, but to each their own! :smile:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
It's so rare that I make a point in commenting on the person's photo when I see a "bag+charm" combo that works well!! :smile: I remember someone with an Épi Alma that had a cool graphic charm on it. I thought that looked really sharp and modern. In general, it seems to work best when the pairing of the two items remains clean and simple (no one wants to see a busy mess!). I think you just hit the nail on the head: it's best when the accessory does not distract from the design of the bag.

As for the bandeaux, they are nice but, again, I find them superfluous in most cases. To me, simplicity is a pillar of elegance.

Despite all of that, I appreciate seeing everyone's bags and bag charms, even when they are not my cup of tea! It's fun to see what people like what makes them happy!

Thank you for your detailed answer!

As I recently became interested in charms / bandeaux, I have researched a lot on here on them. They in some cases look really cute. But then again, the bag might look more elegant on its own. I am still exploring my style and find different opinions and ideas very helpful in further developing my own style [emoji1]

I think for now I will keep enjoying everyone else's pictures on their bag + bag charm combos [emoji4]

I like charms and not too fussy bandeau on bags. Gives a bag your own unique stamp and personality. It can bring to life, add interest to especially a boring shape or one coloured bag, with charms that are of different textures, shapes or contrasting colours. It can be tastfully done. I'm not keen on those fendi monster furry things though..

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I would order a clip from mautto. I just wonder though if over time attaching a clip to the zipper pull will lessen the integrity of the zipper pull and zipper lining, esp if u put stuff in there and it's weighted. Just my thoughts....

Reactions: Pickle123
I just recently purchased the round coin purse on vacation. I am wondering if anyone uses it as a bag charm on the outside of their bag and if so, how do you attach it? I would love to use it as a bag charm. I appreciate any pictures and info :smile:
Thanks everyone!!!

I posted this in the LV hacks thread. I hang from d-ring inside my Neverfull at times but not daily. Mostly I keep the Mautto clip and round key ring off my coin purse.