how do you apply stick foundation?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I just bought stick foundation for maybe the first time. I've tried applying it with my Armani foundation brush by putting product on the brush first then applying to skin.

Or swiping the foundation on skin and blending with brush

Or swiping on the skin and blending with fingers

I think method 2 or 3 is better for me. Applying to brush and then using bush to apply to face doesn't seem to work as well.

Advice?

Which foundation is it? I would recommend swiping it on your face then blending with a foundation brush. You could then blend any edges away with your fingers or maybe try a sponge like the beauty blender.

nyx is a bit cakey. When using anything cakey i mix it with a cream moisturizer and turn it into a liquid foundation. You get cleaner coverage that way. Tho if you want to use stick type foundations Kett creams are AMAZING. Its waxy and glides on your skin. I use the kim kardashian technique to apply it

I usually find stick foundations a little too thick, but try using a damp sponge. I'm usually not really fond of sponges, but it really makes a difference! If you like the coverage, I'd say try a normal foundation brush. It still gives you the coverage, but blending the foundation with your fingers can give it a less natural look. I call it the "finger painting look" :amuse:

I usually find stick foundations a little too thick, but try using a damp sponge. I'm usually not really fond of sponges, but it really makes a difference! If you like the coverage, I'd say try a normal foundation brush. It still gives you the coverage, but blending the foundation with your fingers can give it a less natural look. I call it the "finger painting look" :amuse:
thanks all

nyx is a bit cakey. When using anything cakey i mix it with a cream moisturizer and turn it into a liquid foundation. You get cleaner coverage that way. Tho if you want to use stick type foundations Kett creams are AMAZING. Its waxy and glides on your skin. I use the kim kardashian technique to apply it
It is not as easy to spread over your face as liquid but I do like the finish.....and the color is the best match of any drugstore foundation I've ever bought - actually a better match for me than my Armani foundation

I've seen these sponges in stores and know a lot of people like them. I've resisted buying one, maybe because I have this very expensive Armani foundation brush.
Is there a significant difference with these and a regular old foam blending sponge?

I don't know why the beauty blender works so well but it gives the most flawless finish. I reach for it over all of my other brushes. It's great for foundation and concealer. Definitely far better than sponges as it seems to soak up less product. The best way I can describe it is like having a picture with higher pixel quality vs lower pixels if that makes sense.

I don't know why the beauty blender works so well but it gives the most flawless finish. I reach for it over all of my other brushes. It's great for foundation and concealer. Definitely far better than sponges as it seems to soak up less product. The best way I can describe it is like having a picture with higher pixel quality vs lower pixels if that makes sense.
do you use it damp or dry? does it matter if you get the brand name one or another one? I think I've seen these at TJ Maxx and not sure what brand they were (cost maybe $5 or so)
thanks