How do you afford your bags and how many per year? Credit debt or millionare lover?

moe

Jan 10, 2006
I know a question similar to this must of been posted before, but i'm really curious how you ladies afford your purses? good jobs, monthly payments on credit cards, rich husband/boyfriend......lol

Myself personally have a pretty well paying job and my husband and I don't have kids and we don't have a mortgage or pay for the cars. (all paid off)

Reactions: Alice in Purseland
my mom and dad pay.
i repay them by being "extremely intelligent and brilliant" as my dad says (when he's not angry....)...
leaving jokes apart, i now am working with my dad, obviously i don't do great things, i'm still joung, but i hope to have a good job and buy them a lot of things when i'm bigger....i want to be independent, i don't want that my husband pays my shopping, for me that would be terrible!!!

my parents pay for my handbags and other things. well, mostly my mom, she's really in charge of spending money for things like that in my house. and sometimes i buy a few things with my own money, which is technically theirs since they gave it to me. but, i have yet to put handbag charges on my credit card.

Dont laugh but now.....I am doing conventions. Friday/Saturday/ Saundays/ I usually do Fridays and Saturdays. You sit behind a both, and try to sell whatever is being promoted. It's 5 hours a day, on our time. And you get paid 70 dollars, so for 6 jobs a month,thats 30 hours, and 420 something dollars. What can I say, I find the easy way out!

In the summer I will be doing full time- so more purses please...

Singing: "She works hard for the money! eh-eh-eheh So hard for it honey!":lol: :lol: I'm a hard working nurse, so I deserve a good handbag once in a while--might give in to my urge for a brown bag today!!

I work and get paid fairly well (though for SF it's average). I don't have any kids (yet). I save my money. I put a lot of thought and consideration into each purchase -- no impulse buys. And sometimes, I use a credit card, which gets paid off in full in two payments, tops.

jane, how are the housing prices there? Still outrageously high? I grew up near SF, and miss the area like crazy, but could never afford to move back there now, even with a good salary.

Yeah, they are still ridiculous. Like, a million dollars for a house that would go for $350k in Chicagoland, which is where we plan to move soon after my husband and I have reproduced :smile:

I luv Chicago.

As horrible as this may sound, its my parents who pay for everything. So, despite my constant "I'll pay half for a Dior!" it'd be money I receive from them anyway. But, I've been told I have to wait until April to get another handbag... Gah.Yes, but I'm still 18 and an only child. I hope that answers it for you...