How do we feel about initial pendants & the like?

Junkenpo

Maui Strong...♥️
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
I'd been eyeing out the peretti initial pendants from T&Co...considering whether or not to get one in sterling or yg....mentioned it to DH (when he was still BF) and he basically gave me the impression that he thinks wearing jewelry with an initial or your name is silly. Along the lines of "Why? You think you'll forget your own name?"

I felt a little chagrined, so I dropped the idea and never went through with the purchase. :s

Now, I another piece of "initial" jewelry has caught my eye.... diamond initial necklace...the first letter of my first name. :sweatdrop:

But knowing the ribbing I'd be getting from DH might alter how I feel about it once I get it.. or I might enjoy it less if I have to hide the purchase... y'know..wear it to work & take it off before he comes home.

We maintain a joint checking for bills, but keep separate checking accounts for our own "fun" purchases, (the necklace won't impact our budget) so I could probably keep it from him for a long time until I wanted to come clean.

So... are initial pendant/necklaces really so uncool? :shame:

I like initial pendants but some initials don't translate well in necklaces. For example, my first initial is an "L" but in the Elsa Peretti initial pendants, the lowercase cursive "L" doesn't look very good in my opinion as a necklace. However, Tiffany has another initial pendant that is round pendant with the L on top of it but then the L is angled.

I think you should go for your initial pendant!!!!

i actually like the idea of initial pendants..but ive never had one cause im still looking for the perfect "R".. but i do have initial charm bracelets and they look great.. not from tiff though..

yeah, u shd get what u love..don't let anything stop your interest!

i agree with peace43- it DOES depend on the initial. the t and co 'c' i don't really care for, but my friend had an 's' and it was adorable. i like the idea of wearing your SO's initial too, so if perhaps you don't like the initial they have for your first name, maybe his initial would be nicer...and maybe he'd like that idea more! haha

I don't have a Tiffany initial pendant, but I have one from Helen Ficalora (love it!). I wear DH's initial and my initial in white gold with a rose gold LOVE charm between them. If you haven't seen them, Helen Ficalora jewelry was worn in 27 Dresses - they're small disks with an initial on them. Sometimes I wear them on a rose gold chain, but usually on white gold.

www.helenficalora.com