How do we feel about BE cuffs....?

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I recently got a few cuffs from HH, and I also have some knotted bracelets from Bottega Veneta, so I was wondering if there was any interest in cuffs from BE??

I just asked Jackie what her thoughts about this were, and she wrote, that she would think about it.

I don't want her to think in vain if the interest was non-existing..or only from my part.:biggrin:

I sat and looked at my cuffs from HH, and suddenly I wanted some in the leathers from BE!

Imagine in Mottled Gold, Pewter, Matte Tan, Pebbled Root etc. etc.:yahoo:

So..what do you think??

It's so interesting that you posted this, because I was JUST thinking about cuffs yesterday.

I'm a former HH lover but I never drank the cuff kool-aid over there, but now I have been noticing on sites that RM has done them, and of course I see them when I lurk on the Hermes sf.

I love the idea of a classy leather cuff, like Hermes, but I'm not a rocker chick so anything with too many pyramid studs and I'm out.

Thinking of the BE aesthetic, the strap that goes around the IB would be nice for a cuff. The part that comes up and then loops back and fastens with a stud (or a pink rhinestone?)

I also like really thin leather pieces that wrap around a few times. That's ever so slightly subversive, but still lady like.

See: Hermes
cuffs.jpg

But... I can see her hesitation. I'm not sure I would do it, if I were her. But maybe as a bespoke? It can't be hard to do from a production standpoint. That's kind of why I was always leery of the HH ones. It just seemed to be a way for them to use up their leftover scraps.

Last edited:
As a bespoke it would be a super-idea! and a 'simple' stylish type would be so neat.

No, I am not into the pyramid ones from HH..I prefer the Celinas..and only a few colours. I totally forgot that I also have the simple hook bracelet from Hermes..well, just shows how seldom I wear bracelets..lol

Thanks for your input!

Gucci did a wraparound leather watch a few years back that was very outstanding.

I *might* be intereted depending on the leather & price-point.

But at the end of the day, I much prefer diamonds around my wrist to leather.

I was just thinking about the Balenciaga cuffs...altho I remain not a giant hardware girl.

It would depend on the price point for me, but once again me and Ms. Contessa are accessory mates...I'd prefer diamonds...sigh...

Yayy I have a couple of H ones - really simple plain leather in black with just stitch detailing: also had some LV epi leather a while ago; they are v versatile and ESP if like me you have kids and breakable expensive jewellery is a no no..

I totally love leather cuffs -- I have a couple HH Celinas but more Ramones and I prefer them - -I also have a CC Skye Hinge bracelet with gold hardware that I love - the SA's at Gucci were gushing over it when I wore it in there one day. I also have a cool Burberry one with interesting studs on it. I do like the Hermes ones too but I don't have any leather ones from them -- I tend to like a bit of hardware on mine or a multiple wrap would be nice with a classy buckle. I do not like snap cuffs - they never stay closed for me and IMO they don't look as finished. I did try on the Bal ones and I didn't realize they came in sizes at the time and the one I tried was too tight and I didn't even think to ask for a larger size - they are cool though.