How do we feel about BE cuffs....?

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I recently got a few cuffs from HH, and I also have some knotted bracelets from Bottega Veneta, so I was wondering if there was any interest in cuffs from BE??

I just asked Jackie what her thoughts about this were, and she wrote, that she would think about it.

I don't want her to think in vain if the interest was non-existing..or only from my part.:biggrin:

I sat and looked at my cuffs from HH, and suddenly I wanted some in the leathers from BE!

Imagine in Mottled Gold, Pewter, Matte Tan, Pebbled Root etc. etc.:yahoo:

So..what do you think??

slsk

pastry chef / sniper
O.G.
Apr 2, 2006
I'm just a girl, in the world.
It's so interesting that you posted this, because I was JUST thinking about cuffs yesterday.

I'm a former HH lover but I never drank the cuff kool-aid over there, but now I have been noticing on sites that RM has done them, and of course I see them when I lurk on the Hermes sf.

I love the idea of a classy leather cuff, like Hermes, but I'm not a rocker chick so anything with too many pyramid studs and I'm out.

Thinking of the BE aesthetic, the strap that goes around the IB would be nice for a cuff. The part that comes up and then loops back and fastens with a stud (or a pink rhinestone?)

I also like really thin leather pieces that wrap around a few times. That's ever so slightly subversive, but still lady like.

See: Hermes

But... I can see her hesitation. I'm not sure I would do it, if I were her. But maybe as a bespoke? It can't be hard to do from a production standpoint. That's kind of why I was always leery of the HH ones. It just seemed to be a way for them to use up their leftover scraps.

Last edited:

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
As a bespoke it would be a super-idea! and a 'simple' stylish type would be so neat.

No, I am not into the pyramid ones from HH..I prefer the Celinas..and only a few colours. I totally forgot that I also have the simple hook bracelet from Hermes..well, just shows how seldom I wear bracelets..lol

Thanks for your input!

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Gucci did a wraparound leather watch a few years back that was very outstanding.

I *might* be intereted depending on the leather & price-point.

But at the end of the day, I much prefer diamonds around my wrist to leather.

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I have never heard of cuffs. I must spend most of my days under a rock. They do sound like a nice practical way for Jackie to use up bits of leather, though.

hildie

Dec 3, 2008
Cali!
I think BE cuffs would be divine! I love my HH ones and get tons of use out of them. Great idea!

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
O.G.
Dec 11, 2009
I have never worn cuffs, so I googled "hh cuffs" and saw a picture of someone's public photobucket pix - it was turquoise and peach, it was really lovely.

h82bl82

Cindy
O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
Utah
I'm on it! I have an HH Ramone and I just LOVE it! Imagine a cuff in BE leather, that wonderful smell.....

peppy

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
^^ditto, must be very reasonably priced for me to consider buying it.

It's a fantastic idea though Bonnie, love the way you think! :smile:

mayajuliana

~Mind, Body, Soul~
O.G.
Feb 23, 2007
I was just thinking about the Balenciaga cuffs...altho I remain not a giant hardware girl.

It would depend on the price point for me, but once again me and Ms. Contessa are accessory mates...I'd prefer diamonds...sigh...

Jul 26, 2006
Ashby de la Zouch, UK
Yayy I have a couple of H ones - really simple plain leather in black with just stitch detailing: also had some LV epi leather a while ago; they are v versatile and ESP if like me you have kids and breakable expensive jewellery is a no no..

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
I totally love leather cuffs -- I have a couple HH Celinas but more Ramones and I prefer them - -I also have a CC Skye Hinge bracelet with gold hardware that I love - the SA's at Gucci were gushing over it when I wore it in there one day. I also have a cool Burberry one with interesting studs on it. I do like the Hermes ones too but I don't have any leather ones from them -- I tend to like a bit of hardware on mine or a multiple wrap would be nice with a classy buckle. I do not like snap cuffs - they never stay closed for me and IMO they don't look as finished. I did try on the Bal ones and I didn't realize they came in sizes at the time and the one I tried was too tight and I didn't even think to ask for a larger size - they are cool though.