How do they keep track of your purchases?

Gazoo...I have been buying scarves from Chicago for many years and just last summer vacationed in Florida and have been buying from that store ever since except one scarf that I bought in Chicago over the phone. Does my SA in Chicago know that I've been "cheating" on her? I feel so bad if she does. What to do?

^^
Well not to sound bad, but I really do not think that SAs spend their time looking up customers to see what they are up to. I think overall what Hermes wants is for everyone to shop at Hermes, not from resellers and especially not ebay which seems to be a very taboo word with them. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. They cannot expect us not to "pop in" if we are traveling. That to me is the most fun of traveling. Just being able to see other boutiques and what they have. My SA is very honest with me and has told me that each boutique has different offerings. I feel lovely about my relationship with the SA and don't sweat anything I buy elsewhere, but actually enjoy showing the item off. The SA always ooohs and aaahs over things, without awkwardness.

NO! ^^

Especially with Kelly and Birkin purchases each SA is supposed to be very encouraging to customers to "grab what they can when they can". Only with other things do I make a point of sticking to my normal boutique.

They are? *sweatdrop* My ex-SA was the reason I didn't get that cobalt blue ostrich HAC 28cm off the shelf. He said if I get it then I cannot get my dream bag IF it pops up this year ...

^^Well...sure glad I won't be :busted !
I did buy a fushia alligator Bearn from Chicago and then found a black alligator Bearn in FL that I liked better and exchanged the two...she (SA in Chicago) could have found out because she asked me how I'm enjoying my Bearn.

Kou....that doesn't make any sense.:confused1:

Eh? What doesn't make sense? Basically, I saw a cobalt blue ostrich HAC 28cm on the shelf. I tried it on, it was perfect size. Just perfect in every way, except it wasn't fuchsia. But cobalt blue ostrich was so gorgeous that I was ready to just get it anyway. Then my ex-SA (who is no longer there), said I shouldn't get it becuase if I do, then I cannot get any other Birkins that I like for the rest of the year IF they show up, and he said that ther'es a good likelihood that things can show up.

So, I didn't get that bag.

One of these days, I hope to order that bag ... it was beautiful...

I didn't understand why you couldn't buy another ostrich HAC if it later showed up...only one per customer?

Beats me. My ex-SA said one Birkin and one Kelly per customer per year regardless of whethe on the shelf or not ... I guess he gave me the wrong info since I've been told by others that anything on the shelf won't count.

None of my details were taken at the last two stores from which I purchased (Shanghai and Sydney). Although Hong Kong (Peninsula Hotel store) did 12 months before. Does anyone know if tracking is just an American thing?

^ I have noticed variation as well. The SAs in LV and SF did not ask for my personal information...and I noticed I was listed as "Jimmy Las Vegas" or Johnny or something like that on the LV H receipt ("default" customer name?). The SCP and NY boutiques "registered" my purchases in the computer by my name (although my last name varied by store...have a "double" last name...entry can be diverse)...

There's no need to be worried at all as your credit card info is out there all over the place. You're much more likely to have a problem with someone you know or work with than any store.

I've heard some serious horror stories about ID theft. There's this guy whose life was completely ruined because of it. I hope nobody hacks Hermes's system ... *worried*