How do they do this?

DivaDawn

Feb 22, 2009
I was wondering and I'm not sure if it's a huge secret of something, but how do Ebay sellers like FashionPhile or Yoogis Closet find such awesome deals of purses that they can make great profits by selling them on Ebay?

Last edited:
..Are you sure they are authentic? I don't buy too much anymore from ebay..but when I do I ALWAYS have it authenticated in the designer forum that I am buying..

Yoogis and Fashionphile are both legit, Emmy. I know both are consigners/resellers and their prices always go higher than other sellers on eBay. If they are like most legit volume eBay dealers, they seem to have inside sources on the end of season sales and clean out the shelves before the rest of us get a shot at the sales bags, hence they get a better profit on resale.

Bottom line: they're making a profit or they wouldn't keep at it. :shrugs:

I personally visited Fashionphile store about a year ago. They are located in Beverly Hills and have tons of consigned name brand bags. Quite a few people work there, and they are very friendly and were super busy. When I was there, the phone calls were almost non-stop. They have staff specialized in different brands for authentication. The brand I saw most on the shelf was LV, but of course there were all kinds of other brands too. People can consign with them or sell their name brand bags to them but receive different percentage of the price. When I walked in there, I felt like walking into the handbag heaven.

I personally visited Fashionphile store about a year ago. They are located in Beverly Hills and have tons of consigned name brand bags. Quite a few people work there, and they are very friendly and were super busy. When I was there, the phone calls were almost non-stop. They have staff specialized in different brands for authentication. The brand I saw most on the shelf was LV, but of course there were all kinds of other brands too. People can consign with them or sell their name brand bags to them but receive different percentage of the price. When I walked in there, I felt like walking into the handbag heaven.

AHHH I'm jealous, I would love to walk in her place, bet it's fab. Yes when she started she was mostly LV YEARS ago, but that has changed.