How do metallic chanels age?

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
From my own personal experience, it ages better than lambskin, for at least it doesn't show scratches easily like lambskin. I'm sure mine is all scratched up from daily use (carried it 500 + times) and can't see anything. Corners will eventually rub but so does lambskin. Mine has no peeling or cracking of the metallic.

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
i see you live in FL...if your area is hot and humid...the metallic paint (so i have heard that the metallic colors are painted) will peel much faster in FL than places that are cooler and drier.

rowenarowena

May 26, 2007
i have heard it depends on your local weather...peeling is complained much more often by the users from the areas hot and humid, such as Hongkong...

mine is totally fine, looks like a new after the 3-year usage on the west coast.

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
even if they refurbish the leather...it'll never look the same. as far as i know...when they redye the bag...it's just another layer of paint...the texture will be different and the leather would be more stiff. i've seen it and it's a very different look to me. i'd rather carry a bit dirty non treated bag instead of a redyed bag. i also got my lamb skin purse cleaned by chanel...the color was bit more yellow than before (it's blush orig)....i would not count on any kind of refurbish/treatment....

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
^:lol:

I have a silver Lux Ligne bowler that I carry ALL the time. Had it for about a year now and so far... the only sign of wear is on the handles... just a bit. I'm smitten with the quality!